I’m still writing about my great shopping trip earlier this week. For Valentine’s Day gift giving. Remember that little bag I brought home with me? Here it is again just in case you’ve forgotten.
OK. So here’s what’s inside the bag:
One set has a great Scottie on the front. And the other set is the same pose, but with a Santa hat. (We’re getting a headstart on the holidays.) And, there are little envelope stickers included with each set. Like these:
See that white thing in front of the cards and stickers? It’s a ceramic nail file decorated with little paw prints. In its own little plastic case. Cool! “The only glass file guaranteed to never wear out or wear down.” That’s an OK gift, too, don’t you think? She thinks so and if She says so, I trust Her. She just tried it out a minute ago and says it’s really comfortable to use. Whatever that means. (She took a nail file to two of my toenails the other day. The ones that get so curled up under themselves. And stick into my pads and hurt. I really need to go see Dr. Elliott and have my nails trimmed, but that worked until We can get there. She’s so good to me. I didn’t bite at Her or anything. Even though I HATE TO HAVE MY NAILS TOUCHED OR TRIMMED. Maybe She should try that ceramic thing on me?)
Here’s a close up of the plain cards:
And look here!
So, if you’re not into Scotties – then you’re no friend of mine. JUST KIDDING! So, if you’re not into Scotties, you’re bound to find the dog you like on this rack. If you call, just ask Carol to find the breed you’re looking for and send them to you. (e-mail her at email@example.com or call her at 1-804-359-4898.)
Here’s an idea for my friend in Scotland, Hamish the Westie:
Now, I know She’s not the greatest photographer in the world, but they’re supposed to be a bit blurry on the edges. Here’s the Scottie that She really would love to have:
If you make the picture big (just click on it), you can see the Corgi magnet board by the same artist. Trust me, these are really nice. Come to think of it, all of the dog stuff here is really nice. Know what I mean? I’ve seen some not-so-nice-looking Scottie stuff in my time, but everything here is really nice. Even the other dog breeds are handsome. (Not as handsome as me, mind you, but handsome just the same.)
Let’s recap what I’ve shown you so far over the last few days:
- note cards – great gifts
- pictures – really nice ready-to-hang art
- magnet boards – what’s not to like? comes with dog tag magnets to use!
- coffee mugs with dog heads at the bottom and dog heads as handles – everybody needs a dog coffee mug. or two, or three…..
- ceramic nail files with paw prints on them in tidy plastic sleeves – who doesn’t want a paw with nice, clean nails – uh, make that “hands”
- a little Valentine’s pottery thing-y
- dog head aprons where “dog hairs are condiments”
- pillows – all kinds of pillows, lots and lots of pillows
- luggage tags – in all kinds of breeds
Now. That’ll do it for today.
More to come!
What You Learned Today:
- You can trust me to find things for you. I have good judgment. I’m a Scottie after all.
- I love Valentine’s Day. You should, too.
- You don’t need to have a “special someone” to enjoy Valentine’s Day. Just be nice to everybody. Actually, you should be nice to everybody every day. It throws people off.
- Everybody is special to a dog after all. (Well, just about everybody.)