Last evening, while They were trying to get me to go for Our regular stroll, I found a turtle in the hostas and ferns.
I didn’t know what this strange thing was. I’d never seen one before. He called it a painted box turtle.
I kept barking at it, and barking at it, and barking at it. She knew it must be something good because I was kind of yapping. (Which I don’t normally do unless there’s something REALLY GOOD to bark at.)
Wonder if it’s still there?
What You Learned Today:
- We Scotties have all kinds of barks. We use certain barks to say certain things.
- Really smart peeps know what barks mean what things.
- I have a “let me in” bark.
- I have a “play with me” bark.
- I have a “get outta there…you _____” (name your critter here) bark.
- And, the really shrill one, a “what is this thing I’ve never seen??” bark.