Not the greatest picture in the world, but here I am. With my plate. Yes, I eat from a plate.
Today’s the last dose of my Panacur (again) until three weeks when I do it all over again. Then have another test to see if my intestinal parasites were eradicated. What a word – “eradicated” – it’s a serious word for a serious condition.
And I really don’t want to talk about it. I’d rather look at this plate and help the peepsters figure out what to do with these:
Poor things. They have no clue what to do with these figs. If you have an idea, bark at me and I’ll let them know.
OK. Back to my parasites. See, I’ve had whipworms TWICE in the last couple of years and recently found out Scotties are more prone than other dogs to get them. I’m sharing this embarrassment with you because I care.
I’m not sure how long I’ve had these gross things this time. And, my dogtor’s office had a, let’s just say, a miscommunication with the peeps about it and We didn’t find out and start the meds until about a month after I was tested. Geez.
The good thing is, though, that Novartis is paying for the meds because I was on one of their worm/parasite preventatives AND STILL GOT THEM!!!!
Moral of the THIS story: 1.) get tested. 2.) get medicated and 3.) get rid of them. They’re hard to detect and to get truly rid of.
Who knows where I got them. Where We live, these nasty things live in the soil for a looooong time. And, well, I just walk along, pick them up sometimes, lick my feet, or eat something tasty off of the ground and well, there you have it. Pretty common.
Let’s hope my new combo drug, Trifexis, helps me keep these things away. FOR GOOD.
What You Learned Today:
- I’ve got nasty things living inside of me. But I feel GRRRREAT!
- The next round of my meds is in three weeks.
- Keep your paws crossed that this is the LAST TIME.
- Tell your furiends to get tested for these things and get on some meds!!!! (Not a Novartis product, though.)
- And, for those of you out there who DON’T PICK UP AFTER YOUR POOCH – shame on you. That’s where they come from most of the time. (We can’t believe people don’t pick up poop…)
YOUR DAILY REMINDERS:
- It’s time to vote pour moi! Go here and cast your vote for me in the Thundershirt contest!
- It’s time to vote for Lilly over at Rocky Creek Scottie Adventures! She’s the cutest pet in Virginia!
- Thanks for your support!
- OH….any fig recipes out there? What do YOUR peeps do with them? Do these look ripe to you? Tell me. Because I’ve got to know. Aroooo.