Almost, But Not Fast Enough

Zzzz. zzzZZZ. ZZZ. z.

Zzzz. zzzZZZ. ZZZ. z.

Whew. I’m plum tuckered out. As you can see.

This morning the peep took me out for a walk and did the coolest thing. I found a chipper. So, I chased it under a big ‘ole trash can. I heard it chipping at me. So, I chipped back. In my biggest, loudest voice.

Nothing.

So, the peep tilted the trash can just enough so I could chase the varmint away. It ran across Her foot! Sweet.

I chased it up a tree. It’s probably still there.

I’ll get it tomorrow. Right now, I’m resting from all that excitement.

Thanks, peep.

I'm an eight-year old brindle, black and white (yes, you read that correctly) Scottish Terrier with plenty to bark about! Come along with me on my journey through life. With two peeps. A couple of girlfriends next door. And lots of friends in the blog-o-sphere.
This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Almost, But Not Fast Enough

1. I’m not sure we have peepers in Texas. What exactly are they?

We don’t have chippers here because I got rid of them. I’d give you a hand there but in a while-I’m not as fast as I was a couple of months ago.

3. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

Tough luck. Looks like a challenge for the summer.

4. Those darn chipmunks! We catch them in a live trap and release them into the woods. Lately though we’ve been catching raccoons. How would you like to tangle with one of them?

5. Grreat job! I bet you gave it the scare of its little life. BOL!

6. bentley2 says:

Oh the fun of the chase.
    Bentley

7. A chipper – is that a chipmunk?

• So a chipper is a chipmunk? Ok, that makes sense. Don’t see many in San Antonio, but we are plagued with squirrels. Jolie Amie spends a lot of time and energy repelling squirrel invasions. They are nasty little critters, stealing bird food from the feeders and messing with the electric wires strung around the trees resulting in block black outs. Squirrel black outs, too.

• Yep. Chippers are chipmunks. I hate squirrels, too!

8. Gwyneth says:

My hero! We have had a chippie explosion here in our neighborhood. They are everywhere! But I haven’t gotten one yet. Still trying…. Keep it up, Stuart! We need to let them know who’s in charge!

Gwyn

You must have been so excited to see that chipmunk up close and personal, Stu! His little heart must still be pounding while he hides up in the tree! Get a good sleep tonight and tomorrow you can go back out on the prowl. Good Luck!

10. Piper MacT says:

No Chippers here on this side of the pond, and Squirrels are also few and far between, (want some fun watch this… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejuK8_12Fmg&feature=kp ) but there are a lot of mice and martens for me to chase.

11. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Oooh man, we are so jealous! We just have squirrels that run back and forth on the top rail of the fence to tease us. We would love a chipper on the ground to get at. I will say that Elsa is fast enough to catch birds that are taking flight. She brings ‘em to Mum for show and tell. Mum doesn’t like that much. Andy and I are just too slow.

12. The one that got away hey Stu! Now as for that bed of yours…talk about fit for a king!!
    Wally & Sammy

13. Whitley says:

Awww, it got away, dat stinks. But good job chasin it!

14. now you need some wings to get it… how bad that dogs can’t fly :o)

15. fozziemum says:

Stuart we miss out on Chippers and Squirrels..come down here and chase some roos if you like :) bet that would tucker you out my friend :) hugs and loves Fozziemum xx

16. fredrieka says:

woof those are so fun to chase woof high paw

OMP! That is too funny Stuart. You mean those chippers weren’t cute like Chip and Dale?? AND it ran across your mom’s foot. Did she squeal louder than me? I know my mommy would – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

18. Dalton says:

Sounds like a great game!!

Oh Stuart I have been after a mole all day. Wish you were here. Between the two of us I am sure that mole would be history.

20. Ranger says: