OK. So, you’ve come to The Scottie Chronicles by hook or by crook and now you’re wondering all about my breed. You’ve landed at the right place my friend.
I’m busily writing all about what makes a Scottie a Scottie, so be sure to check back. Often.
If you’d like to contribute to this page to help educate folks about Scotties, please send me an email: Stuart the Scottie at Hotmail DOT com.
Until I’m ready to launch the content for this page, which will be updated frequently, here’s a list of 10 facts to tide you over:
- Not all Scotties are black. We come in black, brindle, wheaten, black brindle, silver brindle, brown brindle. Sometimes, even red brindle, too. But not white. (Westies are white.)
- Scotties are groomed to achieve our characteristic eyebrows, beard and skirt. We don’t grow this way naturally.
- As terriers, we dig. We’re earth dogs!
- Our ears don’t perk up until we’re a few weeks old.
- We’re usually a one or two peep dog, but some of us love families.
- We’re fiercely loyal.
- We’re stubborn. Sometimes to a fault, or so say my peeps, but I don’t think being stubborn is a bad thing. Not at all. Nope. Not me.
- We get our way. Always. Don’t forget that. If you know what’s good for you.
- We speak. Yes. Really. That’s what, “Aroo ROO!” means.
- We can be a bit aloof so don’t think ill of us if we ignore you. I ignore people all the time and nobody seems to care. At least, not that I know of. But, if I’m ignoring you, then how would I know? Huummm…….