For a chubby little guy, I can be pretty fast. That’s me whizzing by the camera lens ’cause I know it irritates Her so much. (Sorry My-Best-Human-Friend-Peep! I really don’t mean to irritate You! Well. Not all the time. Sort of. I really don’t. I try hard not to, but I know I do.) She really tries to get good pictures of me, but I’m too fast. You’d never know it, though, from my weight.
If you noticed yesterday’s post, I went to the doctor to see how my weight is doing. Not so good I’m afraid. I weigh 24.6 pounds, which isn’t very good for such a little guy.
I’m supposed to weigh between 21 and 23 pounds. That’s ideal. Dr. Elliott gave Them one more chance to get my weight under control, then, if it goes up, We’ll All have to have “a conversation.”
Wonder what that’ll be? Is it my thyroid? What?
Just like Weight Watchers, I need to lose 10% of my body weight. That’s 2.46 pounds. It may not sound like much to you, but for me, it’s HUGE.
Please send some good Karma my way. I really don’t want to be a fat old man with heart and leg problems.
What You Learned Today:
- Some dogs have a weight problem. It’s better to catch it early. Get a handle on things.
- Too many treats ARE BAD. (And, honestly, I think that’s the problem.)
- I’m starting a new treat regime: one rice cake a day. No more. Broken up into little pieces throughout the day. I like to crunch things, so that’ll be OK.
- Green beans and more green beans. Can’t get enough.
- Talk with you doctor about your weight if you need to. There may be something going on that you can’t control. (Hope that’s not the case with me….)
- Get plenty of exercise. Wait a minute….maybe that’s part of the problem? I love to sleep…..