I swannee. My favorite tree is gone. I went over to play with Sniglet yesterday morning and when I came back, it was gone. Lots of sawing. A truck with a big thing off the back. Two guys from Illinois. And my dad peep with a teeny little chain saw in his hand. Then, POOF! Tree’s gone.
I’m gonna miss that thing.
What You Learned Today:
- We had some kind of holly tree that was shaped up like a nice oversized toadstool in Our side yard.
- I loved to sit under that thing and flush out the little critters who lived in the monkey grass. Chipmunks, bunnies…you know, those kinds of critters.
- Sometimes, the only way She could find me was to look for my tail wagging above the monkey grass. Or look for my ears sticking up out of the grass.
- It died for some reason. Lots of people came to look at it and try to save it, but it was gone.
- Then, yesterday, He started cutting it down. Then, this pick-em-up truck drove by and two guys got out. They were here from Illinois looking for tree work because of Hurricane Irene. No kidding. They just showed up. And finished the job and even ground out the stump. Outta nowhere! How cool was that?
- I miss my tree.
- OH…. before I forget….I want to show you something:
- Get a load of these elephant ears in my backyard kingdom!!!!! WHOA!!!! Those are some big leaves!!!!
- Just in case you don’t know us Scotties, we like to walk under things. I really like walking under that big ‘ole leaf and have it rub on my back. I don’t know why, I just do.