My Show Pose

Check this out. Nice stance, huh?

Y’all know I’m not a show dog. My tail is bent and I have too many white markings. But other than that, I think I’d be fine show material. Don’t you? Darn that tail….you can tell, if it weren’t bent…it’d be standing so nice and pretty. Oh well. My bent tail is part of my charm. It’s mine for life. Bent or straight. OH…if you want to know why my tail is bent, read all about it here. But I digress……I’m good at that.

Here I am only hours after getting all spruced up at Godmother Carol’s Scottie Spa. Nice coat, huh? And how about those furnishings? Thanks Godmother Carol! By the way, she says she had such a good time at the Scottish Terrier Club of Western Virginia’s show over the weekend. I’d expect nothing less from the Club in Rocky Creek Scotties neck of the woods. Everybody was so nice and friendly. In fact, while she was there, Godmother Carol actually met the Rocky Creek Scotties’ peep!

Cool.

• For those who know, I love to have my hair done. For those who don’t know, well now you do. I just love the Scottie Spa. I get handsome-fied at the Spa.
  • My coat is bee-you-ti-ful if I do say so myself. In fact, darn it, I’m just gonna say it, “I’m pretty handsome.” There. Done. For those who know, Scotties have an attitude.
  • My peep is thinking about making a T-shirt that says, “If you think I have attitude, you should see my Scottie.”
  • So. Now you know. Scotties love to look good. We know it when we do. We love to show off. And brag about ourselves.
  • Ah me…..as the song goes, “I’m too sexy for myself.”

Winston welcomes you to The Scottie Chronicles - a blog that began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. Stuart passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty cancer that took him far too early. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to My Show Pose

1. Joan says:

I like the t-shrit idea!!! You are very handsome Stuart!!!

I know you get stripped rather than clipped. What does that run Them? You’re looking good-a bent tail is better than a warped mind.

3. Jazzi says:

Thats a great pose Stuart!! Very nice

wags
    Jazzi

4. rottrover says:

You are an extremely handsome fellow, Stuart. We’d like to see a picture of your other side. We, not being show dogs ourselves, think your white markings are very cool!!

-Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

5. Saxby & Stephanie says:

Stuart – you handsome devil!!
    Mumster loves the T-shirt idea if you make them she told me she wants to buy one!!

Stay cool dude!
    Saxby

Oh Stuart ~ Your furnishings are wonderfully long. My skirt is stunted and it is not my tail that is crooked, but my sad legs. One day they will probably shatter then who will take care of my peep?

7. Stuart – you handsome Scottie. Our Peep got to meet your Godmother!! And no wonder you love her – she is such a nice lady and has a fantastic breeding program in progress. We wish we lived closer to her so that we could learn from her.

XOXO
    The Rocky Creek Scotties and Ivy

8. Oh!!!!!!!! We love your white markings – we may even make you an honary cowspotdog!!! Mom says she has never seen a scotty with white like before – she LOVES it!

9. duncan says:

Ohhhh, I can totally relate. WESTITUDE ALL THE WAY! Totally makes sense why we are cousins!!!! I think you should go for it with the t-shirt idea … tooooooo perfect!

10. Georgie B says:

Well…we never knew you had a bent tail…we think our Fergie does too..it waggs real well, but it’s down and not up…( I personally think she’s just strange.) love the idea of the t-shirt..you could sell them to all of us that follow you….
    you look really spiffy with your new grooming…I have too much attitude to be brushed…going for the ‘grunge’ look here.

best to ya’ Georgie B and the pack..

11. Hoke says:

Stuart i can not believe it!!! I have a crooked tail too!!! they don’t know if it was broken on purpose so I couldn’t be shown or if it just popped out like that!!! I knew I liked you and all your charm!!! She tries to make me stand like a show dog too but i have too much to do…chase things and eat treats. But I do like my new kilt…almost to the ground…should be there by winter!!! You are the best looking Scottie!!!

12. I just love hearing from all you guys. You’re the greatest. And those of us who have bent tails, well, then, we just stand out from all the rest. Kind of.

Here’s to bent tails!

Aroooodles, Stuart

13. Abigail says:

Just as handsome as always!!! I have to say that I’m starting to consider a show cut like yours.

You Stunner,
    Pippi

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )