That Sweet William The Scot. He’s some kind of guy. Self-less and kind. And just, well, sweet. When people were mean to him, he just mooooved along little doggie. And when he found out that March is Scottish Terrier Month and that my birthday is next week, he made a DONATION IN MY NAME as a gift to a Scottie Rescue Group in Tennessee.
What could be sweeter than that?
So, We got to thinking around Our house.
“Peep,” I said. “Don’t you think that was a cool thing Sweet William did? For my birthday?”
“Yes it was little man,” She said. “A very, very cool thing to do. Hey, why don’t we make a donation, too, to celebrate Scottish Terrier Month? You can make one to the Scottie Rescue group in Tennessee, or to the Scottish Terrier Club of America’s Health Trust, or to any group you choose. Remember, We included the SCTA Health Trust in our estate planning.”
“You did? I have no idea what you’re talking about my peep, but if you say so.”
“Well, We created an estate plan to take care of you if something happens to Us. So you’ll be taken care of and Scotties all around the world can benefit from health research about the breed, whether they’re purebred or not, it’ll help everybody.”
“So, where’s this estate and why aren’t We planning to go over there and run around, and chase squirrels and stuff?”
“It’s not that kind of estate my dear Stu-meister. We don’t have one of those. Sorry. You’ll have to make do with what We have. And remember, you have it pretty good. All the green beans you can eat, a BIG bed to sleep in, a great Dogtor, a backyard that’s your kingdom and nobody else’s. And more love than you know what to do with. Some dogs don’t live the lush life that you do.”
“Back to this idea that Sweet William started. Any thoughts?”
“Yes!! ArrrrOoooooo I dooooo have an idea. Let’s make a donation of one green paper for every comment left on The Scottie Chronicles on my birthday? Next Thursday, March 15, from the time of that date’s blog post until midnight Eastern Standard Time here in the Good ‘ole USofA? How’s that?”
“It’s a grand idea my beautiful boy. Let’s do it.”
So there you have it. Put next Thursday on your calendar, come back, leave a comment and We’ll make a big ‘ole donation to uh….I know…. We’ll divide it to our local SPCA and the SCTA Health Trust. And while you’re at it, why not make your own donation to the animal cause of your choice?
There’s no better time than the present. And I do mean present. I love presents!!!! YIPPEE!
WAIT!!!! I have an even BETTER IDEA. Let’s do two things with one comment, OK? Leave a comment AND vote on your donation of choice. Yeah, that’s it. YOU pick where We should donate.
What You Learned Today:
- Sweet William The Scot made a donation in my name to celebrate Scottish Terrier Month and my birthday.
- We thought that was a cool thing for him to do and We appreciate it. Thank you Sweet William the Scot!
- So, We’re going to make a donation, too, for every comment left on the blog next Thursday (from the time of that date’s blog post) until midnight EST USA.
- Here are the choices of where We’ll make the donation:
- Whichever group gets the most votes through the comments gets the donation!
- Here are some rules:
- You can bark at me all you want next Thursday (March 15 – MY BIRTHDAY!!) but only one comment gets $1.00 donation.
- Vote for only one cause.
- In the event of a GAZILLION comments, We reserve the right to cap the donation OR to seek funding from other sources (my piggy bank isn’t that big).
- You must leave your comment on the March 15, 2012 blog post.
- Eligible comments will close at midnight eastern standard time U.S.A. on March 15, 2012.