Yesterday I told you about Our trip to Smithfield, Virginia. Check it out. A nice place to visit. I also told you that there’s a cool dog park in Smithfield. Now, I don’t do the dog park thing, but if I did, this place would be on the top of my list. Here’s why:
- They have two parks: one for big dogs, another one for little dogs.
- It’s locked up tighter than a drum and you have to register for an annual pass to go there.
- Registered users get an access code to enter the gates.
- You have to show that you’re healthy to get a registration.
- You can buy a visitor’s pass if you’re from out of town.
If this sounds like a lot of rules, think of a preschool or a daycare for your two-legged children. You wouldn’t want your kids around a bunch of sick nuts would you? No. You wouldn’t. The same holds true for your 4-legged pals.
The park is really pretty. With grand brick entrances. And lots of landscaping.
Hey, check out Fido Park in Bologna, Italy, that I found on one of the blogs I follow. (These folks take animals to and from where they need to go in Europe. Wish they could GET ME to Europe. Cool.)
Everything seems to be cooler in Europe than where I live sometimes. I can’t go into restaurants with my peeps, We have a difficult time finding places to go overnight together and stuff like that. If I lived in Europe, I could pretty much go where I want. Right? Sigh.
I don’t dog park. Do you? While we’re on the subject of co-mingling pooches, I just found out about about a grooming store near me that allows the pooches to walk around the place. On the floor. With the other dogs and with the humans.
Now, how do you feel about this? I think I don’t like it much. See, dogs share germs and get things like kennel coughs from other dogs in settings like this. And, hard as it is to imagine, not all peeps take such good care of their pooches. They don’t treat fleas or have their shots up to date. Stuff like that.
A guy could sick in an environment like this. AND, who’s watching the front door? A pooch could easily wander outside to check out the squirrel across the street.
I don’t know….my jury’s out on this. As Duncan at the White Dog Blog would say, “what say you, puppers?” Tell me if I’m crazy. About this topic anyway.
What You Learned Today:
- I think dog parks are cool.
- I don’t go to dog parks, but I think they’re cool.
- I’d probably get into trouble at a dog park.
- I’d much rather have my peeps take me to shopping at the open-air mall near Us where I can wander through Saks Fifth Avenue, Anthropologie, Three Dog Bakery, J Jill, Banana Republic and places like that. Even though dogs are welcome there, not that many go, so I don’t stand as much of a chance of getting dog germs or getting into trouble.
- Think I’ll go on MY BIRTHDAY!!!! Which is coming up on Thursday!!!! Don’t forget about Donation Day here at The Scottie Chronicles on my birthday. Here are the rules.