To Market, To Market

This is not how one might expect to see me at a Farmer’s Market. But, it’s what I do. I sit. And stare. And wait for everything to come to me.

One might think I’d be all about the hubbub found at a Farmer’s Market.

But no. I sit. And stare. At the food on the tables. Like these mushrooms.

Or this gluten-free stuff. Like the bread this lady is staring at. (I’m not the only one who stares.)

Maybe if I stare at her, she’ll give me some. Let’s try, shall we? Follow me.

Come on lady, give me some.

Can’t you see how cute I am?

It’s not working. Really. See how seriously cute I am? Just a morsel?

Oh nevermind, guess I’ll just say “hey” to this big guy. “Hey big guy.” (That’s Southern for “hi.”  You knew that, didn’t you? That “hey” means “hi”?)

“Hey” to you, too, big guy.
They sure have lots of stuff at Farmer’s Markets.

My peeps especially like the markets in Paris and Madrid. Like these. (See, they go to these places and all they bring me back are the photos. Not even a T-shirt. Or a morsel.)

Ah me. I’ll never get to Paris or Madrid. So I guess I’ll just sit wherever I end up and hope for the best.

• I went to a Farmer’s Market over the weekend.
  • I think that might be my last visit.
  • I get all tangled up in my flexi-leash. NOTE TO SELF: Tell peep to take the short leash next time. Duh.
  • I plop myself down in the middle of the pedestrian traffic and hold up the works.
  • I do meet some nice folks, though.
  • Maybe one day I’ll stroll the streets of Europe in search of fresh food and open air markets just for moi.

Winston welcomes you to The Scottie Chronicles - a blog that began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. Stuart passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty cancer that took him far too early. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to To Market, To Market

Those folks really are not very nice. You gave it your cutest and not ONE FREE SAMPLE? Find a new farmers’ market. The one you went to is full of anti-canine cheapskates.

We love summer with the markets and local produce. For sure Lee would be buying the muchrooms and honey with a piece of the hive wax in the jar . Lee use to have two hives, but you are not allowed to have them now, the city enacted a law when they were worried about African Bees..

3. mplsconnie says:

Stuart have you ever seen Boone & Kenzie videos traveling the globe? http://youtu.be/QB133_uINo4 Brandy and Duffy are very jealous!

• I HAVE seen them and, frankly, I don’t get how they’re able to travel all the time. Shots? Chips? Quarantines? In-cabin versus cargo hold? EU rules?

We’ve only found a very few carriers that would let Us fly from the US to the EU without a lot of trouble. BUT, We haven’t looked into it lately, so maybe We will.

But, really, you know what? I don’t think I’d like it. It’s a bit skeery to me. You?

AroooOOOOO!

• mplsconnie says:

Yes, way too stressful travel if you ask me! Though Duffy would like any place where there is easy access to food – European street cafes, food trucks, markets and vendors would be his idea of vacation heaven! 🙂

• Piper MacT says:

I flew to Canada two years ago, the only one that stressed out was Mom. Dad said I likely had it better in my crate than they did in cattle class. Mom won that argument though, I’ll be off to my alternate pack (three Scotties, an Jackie,and a Lab, as well as Uncle Otto, and Tante Gelli) when they visit Dad’S home next fall. We have a Market in town three times a week, I don’t go too often, but I do get a bit of Dad’s Bratwurst when I do.
          Arroos to you.
          Piper MacT

• They haven’t posted in a while….wonder how they’re doing?

Maybe Brandy, Duffy and I should charter our own plane where we can have full run of the place while y’all peeps kick back with a glass of bubbly on the way to Scotland?? Yeah! That’s an idea.

AroooOOOOOO! Stuart

4. christina says:

Oh Stuart! How did those people resist?! I don’t think I could have! We have many farmer’s markets here in Portland, but I don’t think they let you bring your dog! Can you believe that?! Dogs are everywhere here! Saw one the other day just strolling around Target with it’s humans! Huh, strange world this is!

5. Anonymous says:

Hi Stuart!

Our mom and dad go to the local farmer’s market, but they won’t take us! Mom says Cally barks way too much, plus not everyone there wants a big Scottie kiss planted on their lips, which is what Cally tries to do. I’m much more sedate, bur entirely too inquisative – whatever that means! I just like to know what’s happening wherever I happen to be!

Your Aunt Bridgit

6. Alyssa says:

How could those people resist you? How, I ask? You are just too cute and you were being so demure and unassuming and all… Tsk, tsk to them. They don’t allow dogs at our farmers market. We have one every Tuesday and Saturday morning. It’s really nice, but no dogs. I think Scruffy would be nice, like you but Foxy, well, he might go psycho with all the sights and smells. You are a good boy, Stuart!!
    Alyssa, Mr. Fox and Scruffy

7. Noodledog says:

You are too cute! How could any refuse you?
    Noodledog

8. What a fun trip! My mom would have come home with too many of those loaves of bread, Stuart. We love homemade bread at our house.

Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

9. What an adventure, but sorry you did not get a treat … how anyone could resist your cuteness is beyond me! You might not get to go to Paris or Madrid, but at least you get to go to the market near you. There’s no dogs allowed at ours. We are going to have to move near to you so I can go with you sometime. There’s power in numbers so maybe between us we could get some samples to taste!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )