T-Storms…

What was that???? Boy that was loud!

YIKES!! Gotta go inside…y’all know how I hate thunderstorms. By the time y’all read this, I’ll be snuggled up under Her desk. On my little bed. Hunkered down. Waiting for the next round of thunder.

I hate that.

• Here we go again…I heard it. I know it’s out there.
  • THUNDER.
  • I don’t wear those thunder-shirt thingies anymore. Actually, I’ve gotten just a bit better about the storms.
  • I still think it’s safer to be inside.
  • Y’all stay safe out there.

Winston welcomes you to The Scottie Chronicles - a blog that began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. Stuart passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty cancer that took him far too early. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to T-Storms…

1. christina says:

Oh no Stuart! I’m sorry the thunder is bugging you! Jacque doesn’t like thunder either, but Pippen would be just fine to sit out on the porch (covered from the rain, of course) and watch!

2. Lucy and Mac says:

Oh Stewart ~~~~ we don’t like thunder either !!!! We sit real close to our clan folks also. Cuddles
    during storms are a good thing. Kinda embarrassing for us “rough tough” scotts though !
    keep snuggled up..L&M

3. Scout says:

Stuart – I don’t like thunder storms either. I go into the bathroom and scratch at the bathroom rug. It seems to help calm me. Don’t ask me why. I’m so envious that you’ve seemed to get past your fear. You lucky DOG. Anyway, I hope you don’t have storms for very long but if you do – snuggle with your peeps.

4. Piper MacT says:

I hate thunder as well, I find the centre of the apartment and lie there until it’s over. If it’s really bad, I turn into the velcro scottie and have to be surgically removed from Dad’s thigh.
    So what’s that thundershirt thingy, never heard of one of those.

Arrooos,
    Piper MacT

• OH…a Thundershirt is a brand name for a shirt for dogs that’s really snug and helps us get over fear. BUT, when I was younger, Our Dogtor told Us to use a really small T-shirt and tie a knot in it to be sure it’s really snug to my body. It really helped me my friend….try it!

Aroooo!

5. I am with you Stuart, hate them things, Sidebite don’t care, sleeps right thru them. We have been working on a blog about them things, need one or two more to come through for some pics

It’s what you’re used to. Kenzie and I are accustomed to t-storms, and that’s probably because we were brought up with them. But they’re weird here-there’s a LOT of lightn’ and a bunch of the thunder that goes with it. Most of the time, there is NO rain with them. It’s a show and since we’ve had it all our lives, we love it and quietly appreciate it by looking outside at them behind our glass doors. Often it comes with winds and we call them monsoons. It goes randomly from June through September and usually after sunset. The lightening is so furious that you watch six or more per second and the result is that it is almost daytime. It isn’t as scary as ticks and fleas in a lot of places. Bugs on me -yeccccchie poo- bugs are for eating and good protein. I can’t eat a storm.

7. Stuart, Duffy doesn’t like thunder or lightning at all! He runs to the basement to hide under the blankets on the sofa – we own the Thunder Shirt and put it on him when it storms, it seems to help! Poor Duffy breaths fast and is stressed out but his peeps comfort him and he feels better when the family all joins him in the basement.

8. Don’t you know that thunder is just the elephants over the rainbow bridge rolling over and falling out of bed – nothing to be scared of – unless you are snozzin at the side of their bed when they fall out!!!!

9. SUSAN, SID, AND SHELBY WEINSTEIN says:

Mom tells us that God is bowling. We don’t believe her. Sid heads for the large closet with windows and stands guard until the noise is over. Both of us hate to get wet. Love Shelby and Sid

10. We don’t mind the ‘boomers’ much..but mum had a Greyhound River Praise’ and she had her own closet she would get into before the ‘boomers’ even started..some dogs (like you) are just wiser than most of us…

Hellooo Stuart ~ We are looking at some of the old posts that we missed. Everything looks washed so clean in the photo. Sorry storms bother you. Lee had an emergency appendectomy and she pulled the plug on me getting to see my friends. Hopefully we will be back to visiting everyday soon. Lee just has to learn to stay out of hospital this is getting to be old stuff.

12. Alyssa says:

Stuart I hope you have recovered from that horrible thunder. We don’t have those things over here in SoCal but we get fireworks and I bark my head off!
    Mr. Fox & Scruffy

13. Paws To Talk says:

Oh we hate thunder storms. Stuart you are brave!
    Bella and DiDi

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )