Guess How Much I Weigh

Oh me. I’m off to the dogtor in a little while so I thought, “Let’s have some fun!” – NOT. Really, though, I thought it’d be interesting for y’all to try and guess how much I weigh. You know I’ve had a weight problem for a few years. You didn’t? Well, WHERE have YOU been??? Actually, I haven’t talked about my weight in a while and I’m kind of anxious about it.

Here’s what you do. Snoop around the archives and learn about my weight issues. Then, try to guess how much you think I’ll weigh today when I’m at the dogtor’s. Let’s see, I haven’t been weighed in a year. And I haven’t done anything any differently since I was there last.

Last time, Dr. Elliott said, “He should really lose a couple of pounds” (as if I didn’t know what she was saying).

OK. There you have it. Give it your best guesstimate.

• It’s Monday. So let’s have some fun.
  • How much do you think I’ll weigh today at my annual dogtor visit?
  • The same as last year’s dogtor visit? Over? Under?
  • You have until tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM EST US to guess how much I weigh. Just leave me a comment.
  • The one who comes closest – without going over (I love saying that. I feel like Bob Barker on the Price Is Right) – the one who comes closest without going over wins!
  • What will you win?
  • Uh….I don’t know. How about an Up Close and Personal profile right here on The Scottie Chronicles? Yeah! That’s gotta be worth something. Maybe. Sorta.
  • So, be ready to share a picture and tell me all about yourself via email at StuartTheScottie@hotmail.com if you win.
  • Let’s recognize a few runners up, too, shall we? Yeah. Let’s do that.
  • Gotta go. (I hear if you do your business before weighing in, you might be lighter.)
  • Wonder if that’s true?

Winston welcomes you to The Scottie Chronicles - a blog that began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. Stuart passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty cancer that took him far too early. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Guess How Much I Weigh

1. Scout says:

Stuart, I don’t think you have a weight problem… I think you look wonderful!

2. Teresa Harris says:

You look great to us here in Oklahoma!! But we’ll play and say 29 lbs!! Sammy weighs 32 and McFarris weighs 35 so we feel your pain!

3. Kim Barker says:

LOL…WOW! 35 and 32 pounds! There’s some good eats in Oklahoma. ūüėČ My Lucas weighs 28, and his dogtor always says very diplomatically, “He’s okay, but we really don’t want him getting any heavier than this.” Stuart, you look about the same size as Lucas, so I will guess 28 pounds. Good luck!

4. This is fun! I’m on my way now you guys….keep guessing! (And I’ll keep my yapper shut until tomorrow. Even though that’s hard to do – I love to talk.)

5. Bites weights in at 26, Me I not tellin, you look about the same so 26 1/2

Susie

6. Nessa, MacGregor and Kenzie says:

Well Stuart, we think that you are close to…..27. Final answer!

Nessa, MacGregor and Kenzie

28.2. My vet uses metric and I sound so much thinner (11.7). If I start sounding chunky in kilograms, maybe I should start using measures from our ancestral homeland. I’m not even two whole stone!

8. Angus says:

25 lbs…

9. Stuart I’m with you. Must lose 2-3 lbs too. I think you look like 25-26 lbs. But you look great!

Stuart ~ I will guess you weigh 23.6 lbs. I just got on the scales at my dogster Friday and I know my numbers. I am a small scot and the two before me were small also. Well slim and trim like me.

11. You look pretty great to me! I looked really wide and fluffy all over before I had my first grooming. Then I became trim and slim just like that! With that trim Scottie Dog cut that I have now. Very svelt indeed. But, sometimes i don’t like my food so I don’t eat much. You look a lot like me, and I am 23 lbs. I say you might be 24.5!!! Brandy

12. Anonymous says:

Lucy & Mac here….. the “ballerina” weighs 20 lbs. The “football player” tips the scale at 30lbs. Mac is just a lotta dog in a small body his doc says….(can feel ribs & backbone) so, keeping that in mind, along with your fabulous coat we think~~~~27lbs. Mac has to get his elbow stitches removed AGAIN this week.(don’t want scar to open again =/)
    Waiting for your “weigh-in” report!!! Aahroo….l&m

13. SUSAN, SID, AND SHELBY WEINSTEIN says:

All of the Weinstein children went to the vet last week. Cousin Rocky weighed in excess of 27 lbs. My big brother Sid weighed in at 19.4 lbs. My weight (Shelby) was 24.4 lbs. I’m guessing that Stuart is about 23.7 lbs.

14. Alyssa says:

Hmmmm…. Gee Stuart I didn’t even think you weighed 20 lbs… Oh boy, after reading all these guesses and such, I will say 25.5 lbs.
    Alyssa, Mr. Fox & Scruffy

15. I top out at 18 pounds myself and you look a little taller than me, so I am going to say 23 lbs of sheer handsomeness!!!

16. Sady and Lucy says:

Not an ounce over 20 pounds, we think you look so handsome just the way you are!

17. Joan says:

26.8 (someone else guessed my first choice already)

Joan

18. Jazzi says:

I would say 23 lbs

wags
    Jazzi

19. Anonymous says:

Gosh stu, my mum says it’s not polite to speculate @ others’ weights but since you asked…we say will say… 24.6

20. We have no idea how much an adult Scottie weighs so we’ll say 33 pounds.

Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

21. We lady scotties each weigh under 20.. but you”re so strong and handsome we will guess 25 pounds.. KatieMac Brindle and FionaVaughn Wheaten

22. Hoke says:

I’m saying 22 pounds…ya know…furs weigh a lot so we have to take that into account!!! Besides, you look like you are healthy as a horse…you can’t be that healthy and not have a little meat on your bones!!

23. Georgie and Fergie here…we were trying to guess and then got in an argument, again….she says 27 and I say 28. do you know Fergie and I have the exact same parents…and she is bigger and heavier than me…can you believe that…maybe I just look smaller cause I am black and shes lighter
    color…

24. Piper MacT says:

I only do Metric, so let’s say 12Kg?
    I’m just over 10 myself, and my Doc is quite happy with that, he says that I’m a Scottie not a Greyhound.

25. joulesandprescott says:

Stuart, we can’t imagine you more than 20 lbs! We have no idea what an adult Scottie weighs, but were going to guess 18.8 until we read the other guesses… Final answer 24.2.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )