Today would have been my GrandPeep’s 616th birthday. Wait…that’s not right…she would have been…let’s see…in peep years, she’d have been 88 today.
She loved me. Truly. She loved it when I tawdled up the steps at her place to visit her. I’d saunter into the kitchen and get a drink of water. Then, I’d drip all over her kitchen floor…don’t you just love a bearded doggie?…she didn’t care.
Next, I’d walk over to her big sliding glass door and look out over the water to spot some ducks. (She lived on a little pond with LOTS of ducks.)
Then, as she got old and sick with the big “C”, she couldn’t come out to see me in her living room. So, my peep would pick me up and plop me down on her bed. She and I’d lay there for a while and she’d ask about my day. How was I doing? What was on my mind? Things like that. She talked to me as if I were a person.
She loved me. And, truth be told, I loved her. (Being a Scottie, I rarely let her know how much I liked her. Even though I gave her a big ‘ole Roooo, Arooooo! sometimes.)
Here’s to you Nanna Grandpeep! And that strange kitty cat you’re with in that picture. Nobody’s around anymore who can tell me where that picture was taken. We think it must have been on a beach in Florida somewhere.
What You Learned Today:
- Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
- Like cancer. Scotties get cancer, too. Lots of Scotties get cancer.
- Oh me.
- Take care of yourself, K?
- Be on the lookout for changes. See you Dogtor. Often.
- I wouldn’t want it to happen to you!
- OH….. don’t forget to vote!!! Go here to vote. WE CAN DO THIS!!! I’m a loooong way from the leader, but, like all Scotties do, I have faith. If you’re just joining us, I’m running for Thundershirt’s Spokesdog position in a new television commercial. Hop on over and vote for me, OK? THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS who tirelessly vote for me EVERY DAY. Whew! That’s friendship! And I appreciate it.
- Speaking of friendship, if you haven’t heard, my friend Lilly, over at Rocky Creek Scottie Adventures, is in a contest, too. She deserves to be the CUTEST PET IN VIRGINIA. So hop on over to Virginia Living magazine and VOTE FOR HER! ‘Cause she’s definitely the cutest pet
in Virginiain the world! Thank you!