Whoa!!! It’s time to update the blogtionary! Some of you may recall that We started a Blogtionary last fall. I may have updated it since then, but, uh, I don’t remember, so let’s just update it now, shall we?
Add your words in the comments and have some fun!
What You Learned Today:
- Blogs seems to have languages all their own.
- Since this is a “dog blog” the words are kind of skewed to the canine world.
- But if you have other words, just join in and let everybody know.
Here’s what We’ve got thus far — thanks to all those who helped update the first edition of Our Blogtionary!!! (Oh, and, uh, sorry it’s not in alphabetical order. But, I’m the alpha in Our house and that’s about all I know how to do.)
- BLOGOVERSARY – What you celebrate when your blog gets a year older. I celebrated my 3rd blogoversary last month. Woo Hoo!
- AROOO ROOOOOO! Scottie language. Aroo RooooOOOO to those who have inspired or provided these terrier-ific blogtionary entries! ArOOOOOOO!
- PAWTICIPATE – Take part in (uh…make that “pawt” in). Did you pawticipate in this year’s Blogville Olympics?
- PAWSOME – Very cool. You know, I’ve got some pawsome friends who stop by my blog.
- PAWRENT/S — Your peep/s. The folks who take care of you. I don’t know about you, but I’m kerazy about my pawrents! (I think I picked up “kerazy” from Mazie.)
- FURIEND – Friend. You know, I’ve got some pawsome furiends who stop by my blog.
- FURS – Coat, hair. I just love it when I get my furs stripped and bathed.
- PEE MAIL – Email. Without a computer. Every morning my peeps take me out to check and send pee mail.
- SMELLPHONE – What you check your pee mail with. Otherwise known as your nose. I use my smellphone to check my pee mail about twice a day.
- FUREVER HOME – Where you live with your peeps. I wish all dogs and kitties and animals in shelters had furever homes.
- ZOOMIES – Running as fast as you can. With your tongue hanging out. Can’t wait to hit the beach and do zoomies up and down.
- BITEY FACE – Saying “hey” to your friends with your teeth exposed. Sniglet and I play bitey face every time we see each other.
- STUFFIES – Stuffed toys. I don’t get stuffies too much anymore ’cause I tear all the stuffing out and eat it.
- PEEP/S – The human/s you live with. My peeps take me to the beach for zoomies every Christmastime. It’s pawsome!
- TWO LEGGED ONES – Otherwise known as “peeps” and “pawrents.” Also serves to describe human caregivers. Wallace, Samuel and Groucho are going to have a talk with their two legged ones about taking them to a dog friendly restaurant. Soon. Even though they live in different countries.
- TERRIER-IFIC – Terrific! Wonderful! Fabulous! Green beans are terrier-ific!
- SQUEAKALICIOUS – A favorite squeaky toy that’s seen it’s better days. That flat chipper was so squeakalicious, it doesn’t squeak anymore! Darn it!
- CHIPPER – A chipmunk. Ooooooh how I hate those chippers who run around my backyard kingdom!!!
- DOGTOR – The vet. Thank doGness my dogtor cured me of those nasty whipworms.
- BOL – Bark Out Loud. Kyla makes me BOL!!!
- GOTCHA DAY – 1.) The day you celebrate as your birthday when you don’t know the real one. 2.) The day you were rescued. 3.) The day you went to live with your peeps. Woo Hoo! My gotcha day is May 31.
- PANT-RY – Where dog food is kept. Get outta my pant-ry you kitteh cat! Your food is in the KIT-CHEN!!
- PUP-CHEN – Where dog food is prepared. Get outta my pup-chen you kitteh cat! Your food is in the KIT-CHEN!!
- PAWTY – Party. Of any kind. On my birthday, We pawty like it’s 2099!
- SMELLOBRATE – Celebrate. We do some serious smellobrating at my birthday pawties.
- TERRIER-TUDE – The undeniable attitude of a terrier. When I’m out walking with the peeps, I can throw some serious terrier-tude. Why, just the other day I completely ignored the hand that feeds me.
- WESTI-TUDE – The unmistakable attitude of a West Highland White Terrier. Boy, that little white dog sure is cute, but it’s got some Westi-tude doesn’t it?
- SCOTTIE-TUDE – The mother lode of all Scottish Terrier attitude. Can you believe that Scottie-tude? I walked right up to Stuart to give him a scratch on the ears, and he turned around, put his butt to my face, did a quick back step in the dirt, and walked away. Geesh.