Lots of people wonder about Scottie ears. When they stand up, what to do if they don’t stand up, what if only one stands up…that kind of thing.
Here’s the deal:
- Scottie ears usually “prick” up when puppies are around 8 – 10 weeks old.
- They aren’t cropped or docked in any way. They stand up on their own.
- A good clipper cut on the ears helps reduce the weight from the hair. And that helps the ears stand up.
And that’s all there is to it.
What You Learned Today:
- Lots of people want to know about my ears.
- From when I was around eight weeks old, I had my head “clippered” at Godmother Carol’s.
- So, when it was time for me to get a big boy haircut, I was used to it.
- One ear stood up before the other one.
- The peeps cried when that happened. (She cried when I cocked my leg for the first time, too. Geesh.)
- I guess that’s kind of a rite of passage.