What’s In Your Dopp Kit?

I love a good haircut. Here I am at the Barber Shop. Known as Godmother Carol’s.

OK. If you don’t have a Dopp kit, you have a beauty case. Either way, you’ve got a stash of grooming tools and products that help keep you handsome and beautiful all day, every day.

I had a little episode yesterday. The peepstress put me up on the ‘ole grooming table for my weekly gotta-get-the-crap-out-of-my-fur session brushing, and She checked my feet for matted hair.

Whoa. There’s a load of matted hair between my toes on one foot. Now, let’s get one thing straight. DO. NOT. MESS. WITH. MY. TOES. Let alone my feet.

OK. OK. I know I don’t really have “toes” but I do have pads.

Well, if She weren’t bad enough, the peepman came over and held me, too. Then, the TWO of Them messed with my toes and cut out one hunk of hair. But I still have a bunch of mess stuck in there.

She was afraid to get out the pointy scissors.

So, what’s in your Dopp kit? Do you have rounded scissors to get the stuff out from between YOUR toes? Are they little scissors, or human sized scissors? And do you have things like baby wipes to keep your tush nice and fresh? And, like, four kinds of brushes? And a furminator thingey?

How do you get matted hair out from between YOUR toes?

• It’s hell tough being a heavy-coated dog.
  • With hair between your toes.
  • And a beard.
  • And a skirt that drags the ground.
  • You should see the stuff the peeps find in the big bed after We all spend the night together.
  • (And They don’t even have hairy bodies to catch all the sticks and leaves.) So, I guess it’s moi who brings all the stuff into the house.
  • Oh me.

Winston welcomes you to The Scottie Chronicles - a blog that began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. Stuart passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty cancer that took him far too early. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to What’s In Your Dopp Kit?

My paws are kept clean by moi because I’m constantly licking them. One of these days, I’ll get them down to the bone.

2. OMG Stuart…fur in the toes?? I do not have fur there. I have our regular brush, the dreadful flea comb and the worst ever, stripper. My skirt isn’t real long and no ‘belly fur’ so I am pretty easy…”no toe fur for sure. ..”
    Poor fergie has so many issues she has to go to the groomers every. Week for her special bath..
    Rooo buddy, Georgie B

3. Fergie here..I loves yor cool white chest hair, long brows and beard..you ate my kinda’ guy..
    Toodles………….. 😉

4. Will and Eko says:

Luckily Eko is a “wash and wear” dog. A go over with the zoom groom brush and the furminator, a quick bath, and ten minutes later he is dry and good as new. He’s also well trained/bribed so he doesn’t mind the nail grinder easy.

5. SUSAN, SID, AND SHELBY WEINSTEIN says:

Mom has everything. She is in the process of grooming Shelby and myself. We are not cooperative at all. We hate the clippers, strippers, brushes, and scissors.Mom says that we should not have been Scotties if we didn’t want to be groomed. LIKE WE HAD A CHOICE.

6. mollieandalfie says:

I’m a lady, I don’t have clumps growing out of my tootsies, I hope Kyla doesn’t see this, she’z gonna slate me..BOL xx00xx
    Mollie and Alfie

7. Alyssa says:

You are one handsome dude! Let’s see in our cupboard we have a furminator – you need one man! That thing is awesome! The cat’s love it and the dogs love it and gets all that loose fur that’s coming out anyway. It’s a good $45+ tool and worth every penny. We also have rounded scissors (big) I just got those for the fur on Scruffy’s face. Btw, this post reminded me of our Robbie when I was a kid. Mom used to put him on the grooming table and he was not a happy camper. I used to stand there and feed him cookies and hold him so get all the burrs and whatnot out of his fur and make him all handsome. Then he would look in the mirror and that was the cutest part. Do you do that?
    Alyssa, Mr. Fox & Scruffy

8. sue ellen says:

O Stewart…dear Stewart…. we KNOW the horrors of grooming. =/ Our clan mom has a ‘ scotty repair kit’. Many tools that do things ~~~ brushes nail clippers files combs fragrance(!) creams and ointments and EAR CLEANER…arrggg. We can read her mind .She tries to fool us by not thinking about what she is ‘thinking’ about.(got that one) in order to trick us. Alas, today we had to take showers w/ the “MAN”….then the dry and brush deal. Noooooooooo!
    Once Lucy sat on a slug. A juicy fat one. Right in the “tinkle”. Now that was a challenge.I had to o so gently trim away the goo one hair at a time. We all were concerned …it was very quiet and our eyes were big as saucers through the whole operation. Don’t cut the tinkle ,just trim the goo…………..All turned out well …it was touch and go for awhile there!!
    Thanks for telling your story Stewart…and for letting me tell mine. (Lucy)

AaroOo…L&M (the sweet smellin’ for today friends)

• ROFL!!!!!! Oh me. This is one cute story. Lucy’s tinkle is OK I pray! No slug, too, I pray! BOL…… You can bark your stories over here at The Scottie Chronicles ANY TIME my furriends!

Thanks, Roooooodles, Stuart

9. Dougall says:

I only has one brush and some peep nail scissors for when the burrs are stuck really hard and has to be cut out.

10. Mom does have rounded scissors and she used them on angel Maggie all the time. She used to get horrible mats between her toes. She put up with mom’s trimming but she didn’t really like it.
    I, Mitch, kick out like a mule if anyone messes with my feets. Watch your face – I’ll knock you out!

Love ya lots,
    Mitch

11. tell us about the grooming – sometimes it really sucks to be a long haired dog – talking of sucks – mom uses a vacumm on us as she brushing – can you believe that !!!!

12. robynwp says:

Well now we know what your secret to always looking to handsome is – you go for regular grooming!!

We don’t have nearly as much grooming kit as everyone is talking about – we’ve got two brushes and the rest mom leaves up to our groomer.

In terms of toe hair – thanks for that, mom wrestled us each down & had a good look at all of paws and declared us toe hair free!
    Arrrooooo
    Wally & Sammy

13. I’m lucky to be a boxer! We don’t have to worry about the grooming issues a lot of other doggies do. I just have one brush that Momma brushes me with every week or so, and I get baths when I’m dirty. That’s it! No groomer for me.

14. Sandy Bruning says:

Well we have read all of your messages and now we can add ours (late as usual) but we know just what you are going through – when our Mom takes out the table into the living room it means we are all going to be on the ‘table’ shortly. We have brushings every 2 nights now – so we don’t get too many mats prior to going to Aunt Carols’ (you know her as Godmother Carol) – but with all the tools and dohickeys Mom uses on us – we still definitely find everything outside to stick to our fur and bring inside. Good Luck with your mats and may you have a good feet forever….
    Our best – Tobias, Cherry, Lady and Shadow..

15. Gizmo says:

I’ll put up wif da brushing and combing but when she goes after my eye boogers I draw da line…a dawg has to set boundaries

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )