We went to Staunton, Virginia. A great little town with lots and lots of beautiful houses from the 1700 and 1800s. Now, those of you who live across the pond, and elsewhere over there, might find it quaint that I find it cool that these houses are so old.
For those of you in older parts of the world, the 1700 and 1800s ain’t too old. (“Ain’t”? Really, Stuart? Where did that come from?) But for me and the peeps, We thought it was cool that the Yankees didn’t burn them all down. Rumor has it, it was because there’s a church on just about every corner so they didn’t destroy the town during the Civil War. Or,as some people like to say, “The Silver War” – don’t ask me.
What You Learned Today:
- I went traveling.
- For real this time.
- That’s two trips since Christmas.
- I LOVE to go with the peeps.
- We have fun.
- I get to sniff new stuff. (And sometimes a new butt or two.)
- And ride in the car.
- And sleep in a hotel.
- And enjoy all the folks smiling at me and saying, “What a great dog you’ve got there!”
- Just don’t call me a skunk. Mom peep gets really ticked off when people do that.
- More about my trips some other time.
- I’m too busy celebrating Presidents’ Day.
- Here’s to you Mr. President.
- Wouldn’t it be nice to say, “Here’s to you Madame President”?
- I’d like that.
WHERE IN THE WORLD from last Saturday – I have no idea. Really. I don’t. Sorry!