Let’s Take the High Road

DSCN0432OK…I’ll take the high road and you can take the low road and I’ll be back at my house before ‘ye. (Something like that…but it’s not the Bonny Banks o’ Loch Lomond.)

Speaking of the high road, Saturday’s “Where In The World?” photo was, yes, Gizmo got it right, Manhattan’s Highline.

The first time I posted this Where In The World? photo, my friend Kyla guessed. I think others of you have guessed it as well.

It looks like a pretty cool place doesn’t it? What a neat thing to do with an old rail line. Too bad dogs aren’t allowed. But, as you saw on Saturday, I made an appearance.

Sweet.

• I took a little trip on Saturday.
  • Dogs aren’t allowed.
  • I hate that.
  • Don’t you?

Winston welcomes you to The Scottie Chronicles - a dog blog that began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. Stuart passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty cancer that took him far too early. He would have been 12 years old in March 2018. The Scottie Chronicles is dedicated to Stuart and the joy he shared with everyone who met him or saw him from afar. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Let’s Take the High Road

1. Misaki says:

I hate not being allowed to go places with my peeps too

Of course, hotels that don’t allow Kaci and me lose business. Eateries that don’t lose business. The dog buck should be important in this sorry mess of an economy we have. I’m gonna boycott establishments that won’t allow me in. That ought to fix ’em good.

3. Ranger says:

My Mom what there (the High LIne) this past weekend and said that it is really cool. I’m sure I would’ve liked it but I was a camp (which was fun too).
    Wags,
    Your BB, Ranger

4. Yay Gizmo!

Kitty Hugs, Sammy

5. sue ellen hall says:

Oh Stuart…our peeps took us to obedience school. We did pretty well. There were kitties ALL over the place …and we couldn’t chase ’em!!!! They were rotten kitties….they pranced around and gave us the tail !!!! No one told ’em to go away either!! Our coach is a military and police dog trainer by profession.We are his first Scottish terriers…. he had a difficult time telling when we were in a ‘sit’ because we are so short!!
    Had to share our week end event with another ‘short’ fellow!!
    AROoOo……. M&L
    (we don’t like not going with our peeps either…’specially out to dine!!)

6. Piper MacT says:

I’m lucky here, most of the gasthauses are dog friendly, and we only stay at hotels that take well behaved wee pups. Some of the beaches aren’t too welcoming though.

You know us dogs are making progress about where we can go. Why I don’t think there is a park in my town where dogs are not allowed. And now that spring is here the out door tables are coming back and I can eat at some resturants again.
    I don’t care what road I am on just as long as it leads to home.

8. Dougall Dog says:

Us doggies should make some pawsome place, and ban people from it!

9. You certainly look like you’re on a mission in this photo – at least you are allowed to go there – wherever there is – and I bet it was lovely when you got there, wasn’t it.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )