What’s Old is New Again

What's this thing? I haven't seen this funny looking ball in years.

What’s this thing? I haven’t seen this funny looking ball in years.

But you can bet I'll play with it now!

But you can bet I’ll play with it now!

I did the wildest thing the other day. I played with a ball. That’s so not me. In fact, I made enough noise running around, the peep came upstairs from her office to find me wagging my tail and jumping.

Then, She got out this ball. WeOOOOOOoooweeeee. It was like being a puppy all over again.

• Sometimes I get bored.
  • When I do, I prance around to get the peeps’ attention.
  • Then, usually, I get to play a while with a peep or two.
  • Like the other day when I acted like a little pooch.
  • Do you ever do that?

Winston welcomes you to The Scottie Chronicles - a blog that began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. Stuart passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty cancer that took him far too early. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in Scottish Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to What’s Old is New Again

1. Yes, Stuart I do that too! Sometimes I find something on the bottom of my toy box what mouldered there for centuries, but for me in this moment it is brandnew and THE MUST HAVE… imagine I would offer my mom a thingy what mouldered since centuries in her closet….she would flip me the bird. Dogs are the better humans, I guessed it :o)

I’m so with you Stuart. I love finding things I haven’t seen in years – snorts. The other day I was playing in my room – daddy was ignoring me. When mommy came home, I had emptied my entire toy box in the middle of the room and on my bed. I had a grand time. XOXO – Bacon

Shelby hogs the ball all of the time in the house. When we go to the dog park, I get to control the ball. Unfortunately it has been too hot to go. Mom says that I don’t know when to stop running. I exhaust myself. I have to get all of my play in when we are outside. -Sidney

Kaci has me doing zoomies (frapping) and playing bitey-face again!

5. Oooo, I like that ball of yours! I might have to ask mom and dad for one. I love balls. I have three that I play with all the time!
    Dewars

6. Misaki says:

Its good to reconnect with your inner puppy ever now and again:-)

7. sue ellen says:

Hi Stewart!!! Yes… we want to be a puppy again every now and then ~~~ off to the toy box we go !! Our peeps love that ~~~ or when we play chase thru the house and over the furniture.
    grrr…tumble and run !!!!
    ♫ AroOoO L&M
    clan mom here…you have such great furnishings Stewart. Handsome fellow that you are….

8. edgar says:

woo! yep, every once in awhile I ask mum for her assistance in dumping my toy basket! there are things in there I forgot I had!

edgar and mum

I love to torment Lee with my tennis ball while she is raking leaves. I ignore my ball if she is not busy.

10. susieandsidebite says:

It’s cool to be a puppy, Again!

The Mad Scots

11. My critters are quite “long in the tooth” but still enjoy many games, favorite being ‘chasing Mr Squeeky” (a rubber, bouncy alien looking thing with feet) and finding and chewing up Mum’s knitting. I never get cross because they are too sweet. 🙂

12. We’ve got a ball just like that…butt it’s green. It’s grrrreat re-discovering old toys!
    Wally & Sammy

13. fozziemum says:

Stuart we’s with you….the old cruddy toys what mum haz in the ‘Yukky Dip’ bag always getz us dancing..the cruddier the betterz..sometimez she washes them…whatz her problemz??? haz a great day Stuart Forrest 🙂

14. Dalton says:

Typist has been searching everywhere for a ball like that for her doggie. Someone told her they were fab and from the looks of things you’d agree?!

15. I have a ball like that but it is blue!!! And Dad has stuffed pieces of chews that are too little for me to keep chewing on inside of it! Great fun when I feel like playing with it
    hugs
    Greta
    Mr Bailey & Hazel too

16. dougalldog says:

I LOVE to play with my peep, it is my favouritest thing!

17. ScottieMom says:

Good for you! Too bad you weren’t closer, Mr. K would love to play ball with you. Squeaky tennis balls are his fave. He can destroy them in minutes if a play buddy isn’t there to chase him and steal it from him. Enjoy your play time! Much love, The Scottie Mom.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )