Y’all know I love to travel. Yesterday I told you about my trip to Smithfield, Va. (Sorry, Bacon. Yes. You don’t want to visit. But you’d receive a grand welcome that’s for sure. Just don’t stray too far from the peeps… For those who don’t know Bacon, you need to.)
So, to get to Smithfield from my house, you can take the Jamestown Ferry. Pretty cool.
The weather was cold and windy. Look at that yukky water. That’s the James River. Where the people from England landed, built Jamestown, got sick and died, fought the Indians, and Pocahantas saved them. Something like that.
Yep. That’s moi. Traveling along the birthplace of America.
What You Learned Today:
- I’m a history loving kind of guy.
- I get to go lots of places to sniff the ground where early Americans lived.
- I found out through this very blog – The Scottie Chronicles – that I have friends who live near Smithfield.
- Very cool. I’d like to meet them sometime.
- Maybe we should schedule a meet-up at the Windsor Castle Dog Park in Smithfield sometime. Everybody’s welcome!