The Dillys Survived

Napping in the dillys.

Napping in the dillys.

You may be thrilled to know that my daffodillys survived the Polar Vortex. These, too,…the ones I slept in when I was a wee lad. Like here.

Ah….a nap in the dillys.

Fitting for the first day of spring, yes?

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Dillys Survived

1. Tobias,Cherry, Shadow says:

We

2. Tobias,Cherry, Shadow says:

cannot get the words to not print over “Enter your comment here” – but we, too, have dillys – but we only have “one” and we are not sure just how it got into the yard – but it is pretty!! – Always fun to talk – ArroOOOO – with you – Tobias, Cherry & Shadow

3. fozziemum says:

Oh Stuart so glad you Dilly’s survived..funny these bulbs..our grape hyacinths all died off as they do but are already growing again…even the plants don’t know what to make of our weird weather..Happy Spring..our Autumn now is still like summer sort of…very little in the way of ran…oh boy wacky weather world! hugs Fozziemum xx

Dillies can stand the cold. We can’t grow them here, too hot.

Florists keep there stock in the frig. The dillies should have been fine over a short period of time. Glad that they survived. I don’t remember seeing any in Florida.

6. Whitley says:

Glad your dillies survived – we had dillies, but den dere were a freeze and dey all wents away.

7. pure delight on my pc screen this morning. Stuart and emerging spring flowers.
    Its a wonderful world.

8. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Love the dillys. We like to pee on them as well. Mom doesn’t see us do it, but we do!

9. Carol says:

You look so content snoozing in your “dilly” garden. What a cutie-patootie! We have some dillies (they aren’t even close to coming up yet here in Ohio!) but we swear somebody moved them! They aren’t where we planted them. Isn’t that strange? We are blaming the squirrels/chipmunks for moving them around – playing some sick joke on us! Arrrrrrrooooo

10. Daisy says:

I love that you take a nap in your garden! I bet the smells are delicious.
    oxox
    Daisy

11. they are heroes, they even survive my watering everyday ( that’s probably the reason for their color). Have a great fri-dilly-day, Stuart

12. I love Spring. The daffs in my garden really lift my spirits and this is such a cute photo!!!