Chewsday Thursday – Don’t Pollute, Pick up the Poop!

toe 1So, you know how I love to chew on my cow toes, which are actually hooves.

Anyroo, let me give you something to chew on today. Just because it’s Thursday.

Did you ever wonder where the phrase “curb your dog” came from? Walking dogs along the curb, supposedly, helps poop end up in the streets and down the storm drains instead of on sidewalks or grass.

Who knew?

But wait, why would anybody want poop to end up down the storm drains? That means, when you think about it, that people should just poop in the street, too, so that their nasty bacteria end up in the same place as the dog poop: in the rivers, streams and oceans.

Nice, huh?

• I tend to do some great thinking when I’m chewing on my cow toes.
  • Like today, for instance.
  • I was wondering where all the new poop is coming from in Our neighborhood.
  • Nobody’s picking it up.
  • Nice.
  • So, when I walk around minding my own business (and having my business picked up by my peeps thank you very much), I can pick up nasty germs and get infected with, oh, I don’t know, a nice case of whipworms. Yeah.
  • People can be so self centered, can’t they?
  • Oh me. What’s a guy to do?

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Chewsday Thursday – Don’t Pollute, Pick up the Poop!

1. Edgar says:

Oh dear! we hope you haven’t ended up with whipworms again, Stu!

Edgar and his mum

2. Carol says:

Stu – you are so deep!!! How do you come to think about these things? That being said it does raise an interesting quandary! Maybe cow toes are like brain food my friend!! I better stock up! Aroooooo
    Scout & company……

3. fredrieka says:

in my case eat it.. nasty momwithoutpaws says.. yet if there are apple chunks it Is still good.

4. Brill pic chewie Stewie mmm xx

5. We take poo bags on our walkies and we even have a special big poo bin at our park.
    Hooray for aussie dog poo bags and bins. 🙂

6. Tobias,Cherry, Shadow says:

Hey There Stuart – We wholeheartedly agree with the picking up the poop routine!! Our peeps always take the doggie bags wherever we go – even to Earthdog tracking – when we are out in the wilds hunting ‘rats’ — We hope everyone will get on your bandwagon and “pick up the poop” — maybe we should do a sign and let everyone know – one for each neighborhood?? Something to think about…Our best – Tobias, Shadow & Cherry

7. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Our peeps are the best (along with yours, of course) at pickin’ up the poos. Of course some of our neighbors aren’t as good at it, especially if they leave their packages in our front yard. We should set up a camera to see who it is. Ya, that’s what we’ll do (do do – get it, ha ha).

Mom always picks up after us. Not very many of our neighbors reciprocate. It is a mess and we don’t like it.

9. susieandsidebite says:

Our poop ends up in a bag in the trash from any walks we take (Uhhh, and it ain’t many as we got this huge place. Most of ours ends up as fertilizer in the yard, or powder in the air when Dad runs over it with the mower, Barharhar. Not to sure about sending it down the storm drain, kinda depends on what you ate!

The Mad Scots

Oh nooooo. I thought you were a wordsmith. You do Watercolor Wednesday and FotoFun Friday with alliteration. Now your come out with “Chewsday Thursday”? “Chewsday Tuesday” would be better. Thursday Weld would approve If it’s Thursday, it must be Belgium?

11. Daisy says:

Whip worms?!! What the {#^*<£€$& is that?! My peep gets mad because other peeps don't follow up with their dogs and leave it on our front lawn. So rude!
    oxox
    Daisy

12. We completely agree Stuart. Braeden got whipworms at the park and now we both have to take the Trifexis because that takes care of us every month. Those thingys are just nasty. And the vet said the only way to get rid of them in OUR yard was to pretty much burn the whole yard. They live furever!

WOW – I did not know that. This is very interesting Stuart. Hope you have a wonderful Friday!! XOXO – Bacon

14. Glittermoon says:

Me, too, I have been so disturbed about the poop that is all over the place in our ‘hood these days. What’s up with that? Do we have new neighbors? Is it because the peeps think it’s ok not to pick up since it’s been too cold? Whatever, I wish they’s mend their ways. Emma P.B. (though, you know in reality, I am a connoisseur of poop, especially cat).

15. dougalldog says:

G’day Stuart! It’s been a while! Hope you’re well.

That cow toe looks great for chewing!