Leave it to the Dutch

dutch toolLeave it to the Dutch to invent a wonderful gardening tool. Like this little thing that gets the weeds out between bricks in the patio. I’m glad to see the peep using this thing. It’s about time.

snap to itSee this wheelbarrow? Get to it peeps. You’ve got lots of work to do before the Garden Tour that’s only a month away. I’ll snoopervise.

You need to replace this dead gardenia that the freeze killed. It's a shame. It was so pretty. I liked to pee near it.

You need to replace this dead gardenia that the freeze killed. It’s a shame. It was so pretty. I liked to pee near it.

You also need to sandblast this little table. And repaint it. And, for heaven's sake, get some glass cut to put that puny plant on. Whatever it is.

You also need to sandblast this little table. And repaint it. And, for heaven’s sake, get some glass cut to put that puny plant on. Whatever it is.

See, you need to paint that little table like this nice chair. Hop to it. You've got lots of work to do.

See, you need to paint that little table like this nice chair. Hop to it. You’ve got lots of work to do.

Whatever you do... don't mess with this hole in the fence. It's how I travel back and forth from Sniglet's house. If you mess with it, I won't be happy. Even it does look like trailer trash.

Whatever you do… don’t mess with this hole in the fence. It’s how I travel back and forth from Sniglet’s house. If you mess with it, I won’t be happy. Even if it does look like trailer trash.

dirty fenceSpeaking of the fence. It needs to be cleaned.

Remember: I’m watching you peeps. From right behind the fence. In the corner. From one of my sleeping spots. In the shade. Thank goodness I’ve got a white patch on my back. So you can find me.

Y’all get to work.

• My backyard is on a Garden Tour next month.
  • I promised the neighborhood I’d open it up for everybody to see.
  • There’s so much work to be done.
  • Good for the peeps that I’m on top of things.
  • Just as soon as I finish my nap…ZZzzzzz. ZZZZzzzzzz.

This entry was posted in Scotties, Scottish Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Leave it to the Dutch

1. Your bipeds should be grateful to have you, Stuart. Mom removed the weed between the bricks too, she said her wrist will be no more the same, (she is a drama-queen). I bet when you are in your garden all peeps of the gardentour will love your garden :o)

2. Duffy, Elsa & Andrew says:

Watch out for poison ivy back in the brambles! You are a great snoopervisor, I can tell. Nothing escapes your sharp eye. Keep up the good work and don’t over tax yourself.

WOW Stuart. Your peeps do have their hands full of a honey do list. I know they will make the due date and it will be gorgeous! Can’t wait to see pictures of everything once it’s done my friend. XOXO – Bacon

4. rumpydog says:

There certainly is lots of work to do, which means lots of outdoor time for us! woo woo!

5. bentley2 says:

With all that work no wonder you need extra nap time. You do have a hard life keeping your peeps in line and keeping your garden up to your standards.
    Can’t wait to see the finished gardens on tour.
    Bentley

6. fredrieka says:

Momwithoutpaws has a lot more to do in her garden, but the weather is not cooperating hopefully tomorrow.

7. Donna says:

I love reading about you and seeing your pictures. Your Peeps are very lucky to have you.

8. Anonymous says:

You my dear fellow are a demanding ‘task master’ ~~~~ don’t forget to give your peeps some free time to ‘snuggle & scratch’ you a little bit now and then!!
    ♪ AroOo L&M

You can also use that tool to saw your front door in half and you’ll have a Dutch door in more ways than one.

10. Edgar says:

Will you give us a guided photo tour when it’s all finished, Stu? If not we might have to travel to your neck of the woods the see all your hard work!

Edgar and his mum

11. garden tour ? you gotta be the best /beautiful thing in there , nobody looks at my garden when dad invites peeps round !

12. fozziemum says:

Goodness me Stuart so much to do!! tell mum to sprinkle salt on the path and water it in..weeds won’t come back for a long time..as long as it can’t run off into plants…that path weeding is the bane of any peeps life!! hugs fozziemum xx

I don’t know how you do it, Stuart! Just being outdoors most of the day in all that fresh air makes one tired – then you have to snoopervise the peeps every second! I bet you sleep like a baby at night! I’m hoping they finish all that has to be done well before the garden tour but you’ve found so many things to spruce up, I don’t know that they will! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you all!

Rest up, Stuart!

14. susieandsidebite says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Stuart…… ahhhhhhhh buddy….hate to tell you this…..but being a scottie with black also, you not very hard to find laying next to that white fence. Man your peeps gots like a whole month of work to do, If we ever get spring, ours got lots also!

The Mad Scots

You are one bossy Scottie. You should be helping, not complaining. mom has a gardener, but she doesn’t let him do more than mow and weed whack. She plays with the fruit trees and bushes.

16. Daisy says:

I don’t understand how the snow killed such a lovely plant but left the weeds? The is just wrong. I’m sure the garden to do list is packed with fun tasks!
    oxox
    Daisy

17. Nikitaland says:

That is a great little tool to use!

18. Dalton says:

Looks like you’ve got an awful lot of snoopervising to do!!