Hey…you may remember that I thought about giving up helping my canine compadres find homes when they’re in need. It made me sad. And I wasn’t very successful at it. But, a friend of mine just dropped by to help Archie find a home.
Let’s see what we can do for Archie shall we?
Here goes, from his rescuer who lives near Our neighborhood:
Archie is a 14 lb. chihuahua mix who’s approximately 1-2 years old, neutered, with all of his shots and heartworm negative. He is eating on the table so our other dogs mind their own business. We found him April 5. He is good with other dogs, smart, handsome and sweet, but does need a gradual introduction to new people.
So there you have it. I saw another photo of Archie when Our friend who found him stopped by (I was napping, but had to go to the door with the peep to see what was happening.) The other photo showed him with his hiney up on the top step of a deck with his front paws down on the next step. Sweet. Don’t you like a casual pooch? I do.
Archie’s not his real name. Our friends, the rescuers who took him in, took him to the Dogtor, had him all checked out, had him snipped (ouch!) and given shots and everything. They named him.
Can humans be more helpful than that? I ask you? It gives me hope to know that there are people like them who really, really care about pups.
Now. Here’s the question: wouldn’t you or someone you know like to give Archie a furever home? Oh…Archie now lives in Richmond, Virginia. If that helps. Leave me a comment if you want him or email me at: StuartTheScottie@hotmail.com. I’ll connect you. Yeah, that’s right. I’ll put Archie’s people in touch with your people and you can settle it.
What You Learned Today:
- My friends found a pooch they think was dumped in the neighborhood.
- I hate that. The dumping, not the friends who help.
- They’d like to keep him, but they’ve got other dogs of their own and sometimes that can be too much.
- They’ll be very pawticular about who they let have him.
- Not just anybody will cut the mustard.
- Sadly, you just can’t trust everybody these days.
- But, gladly, we can all trust people like those who took Archie in.
- Here’s hoping for the best.