Cinco de Mayo Without Limes?

Does this hat make me look like Pharrell?

Does this hat make me look like Pharrell?

Yeah, yeah, I know. This is my Happy hat. It really isn’t Mexican at all, but it’s the best I can do today to commemorate Cinco de Mayo.

Not that I’m happy with battle celebrations, lord knows We’ve got enough of those where We live, but I’m happy about any excuse to enjoy an ice cold Tecate. With a big ‘ole lime wedge perched on the can. Yes. I said can. Some beers just need to be consumed from cans. And Tecate is one of them. But I digress….

BUT WAIT…my friends over at What the Ducks just told me about a lime shortage????

What to do now? Oh me.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Cinco de Mayo Without Limes?

Go with lemons my friend. I’m puckering my lips right now waiting for mommy to get home from the worky place. Can’t wait to start celebrating…. anything for a pawty here – snorts. XOXO – Bacon

2. Anonymous says:

Enjoy the day !!!! With or without them silly ‘limes’….
    ♪ rOoO….L&M

3. We hear there’s an avocado shortage too!!

XOXO
    Piper, Celti, Argyle and Ivy

We know first hand. We have 3 lemon and 3 lime trees. Because of a freeze in January 2013, we had crop failure. The number of limes we got out of 3 trees was zero. We got one lone lemon from 3 trees. This winter was milder and we will have lemons and limes for 5/5/15. If the upcoming winter is mild-we’ll be back to normal and giving the stuff away.

We did prepare and have lime juice left over from the good years but you can’t preserve a lime and get that fresh experience.

5. susieandsidebite says:

Who needs a lime lets have some Margaritas instead………oh lets just party!

The Mad Scots

Limes were a dollar each at my Kroger store!

7. Yep they are the latest thing that is being black marketed too due to the high price. $120.00/case back here when my brother went to buy a case for his businesses…needless to say that didn’t happen…
    Marty’s Mom

8. we heard both limes and lemons are in short supply

We never had a lime tree or we would sent you some of them. How about a mango?

10. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Ole´, senor, mucho gusto fiesta!

11. Pingback: Cinco de Mayo 2014! | food flavor fascination

12. Whitley says:

Well, we’s still got limes in da stores round here – so your Tecate and my margarita should be ok!

13. Daisy says:

Your party hat makes me happy! I hope you had a tasty Cinco! Too bad about the limes 😦
    oxox
    Daisy

14. Dalton says:

Lime shortage – that doesn’t sound good! Love your hat

15. Hey, thanks for the link!!! PS, was there a sombrero shortage, too?! 😉 Yikes!!!