To tell the truth on this beautiful Tuesday, the peeps have been working very hard on my backyard in preparation for the Garden Tour coming up on May 17th in my neighborhood. I didn’t think They had it in Them.
They got mad at me when I said We should be on the tour. It’s my kingdom after all; I’m happy to invite folks in to see where I live.
They, on the other hand, said, “Nope. It’s too much work. We may have lost too many plants from the harsh frozen winter this year. We haven’t finished Our projects and it’s just too soon. Maybe next year little man.”
I said, “Too late peeps. I’ve already put Us on the list.”
So there you have it.
What You Learned Today:
- We’re sprucing up my crib.
- People are coming over.
- I think things look fine the way they are.
- The peeps have other ideas.
- I’ve been snoopervising Them on Their chores.
- Tempers are short around here.
- So much work….so little time.
- We lost a 5-year-old gardenia, a mature butterfly bush, a huge rosemary bush, a whole row of about a dozen variegated orange/yellow cannas and, if that weren’t enough, about half of Our hydrangea bushes are coming back at half the height they used to be. Quelle horror! This is the South for heaven’s sake! No hydrangea??
- And you know what? We didn’t know these things weren’t coming back this year when I put my paw in my mouth and offered up my yard for the tour.
- It’s coming out of my piggy bank to replace this stuff.
- Oh me. Think I’ll nap now. It’s just all too much.