We’re Moving Along in the Garden

DSCN2616Whew. Watering plants takes a lot out of a guy. It’s tough lugging this hose all over the place.

But it has to be done. And if somebody’s gonna do it, it’s gotta be me. The peeps need all the help They can get.  See that rotten old bench beside me? Well, I talked Them into replacing it with a new snazzy one. Check.

• Our neighborhood garden tour is coming up this Saturday.
  • No more piddling around, get to work peeps! I’m helping the best I can!
  • Godmother Carol is helping, too. She came over to check things out over the weekend and even brought the peeps some fresh picked salad from her garden. They must have looked a bit peek’ed around the gills. Like They hadn’t eaten enough veggies. Thanks Godmother Carol!
  • I’ve done a LOT of snoopervising.
  • I picked out some new plants to replace what We lost over the winter.
  • I weeded. Lots of weeds.
  • I tried to cut the grass last night, but I can’t reach the push thingey.
  • I helped paint the new pergola and furniture out front.
  • I sat in the herb beds – just to check out the view. That was nice of me, yes?
  • Lastly, I just sit around and look good. That helps a bunch. That’s a Scottie for ya.

DSCN2631Yeah. Lying around is what I do best. Because….DSCN2628EVERYBODY LOVES FROG DOG TOES! Especially when they’re full of mulch, weeds, grass and dirt!!!!

This entry was posted in Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to We’re Moving Along in the Garden

1. If your bipeds can’t finish their project till saturday, you can put some flowers between your toes and all people will be absolutely delighted :o)

2. bentley2 says:

Oh want a great idea Easy. Scottie planter flower holder. Every yard should have one or two.
    Bentley

3. A dog’s work is never done! I’ve got to get my momma busy on yard work soon. It’s looking pretty bad out there!

Look at those little toes – squeal!! I think my humans want to tackle trimming some bushes this weekend. It should be a hoot. Neither one of them are mechanically inclined. Those things are going to get whacked. Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

5. Anonymous says:

HAPPY TOES….. Scotties like their toes with a little dirt on ’em…. ‘terriers’ sign of pleasure !!
    hugs on ya sweet fella……..

6. fozziemum says:

Them tootsies has been workin very hard Stuart..we have been weeding and mulching and pruning too..because of Summer…amazing different seasons same hard yakka as we say down under 🙂 hugs Fozziemum xx

Perhaps that was Godmother Carol’s way of getting rid of the weeds from her garden?

8. Timmy Tomcat says:

Great job my furend
    And I think Dad said something about a package arriving!
    WHEEE
    Thanks so much
    Timmy

9. Misaki says:

Sounds like you’ve been doing a fab job Stuart. can’t wait to see your garden when it’s finished

Yep your job description is quite detailed. It just never stops what you are expected to do. Now are you the official guide and greeter for Saturday??

Keep up the gardening help! We love to see beautiful flowers.

12. You have the most adorable feet, Stuart! We can’t wait to see your garden in bloom!

Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

13. Whitley says:

I can tell ya’s been workin hard – look at all dat dirt on your paws!

14. susieandsidebite says:

Hummmmmm, so what do the front paws look like, and do you gotta wash them things before going in the house? Mighty pawesome work Stuart!

The Mad Scots

15. Daisy says:

We adore frog dog toes, too!! You better stay hydrated with all that work you’re doing. It sounds like you’re almost done!
    oxox
    Daisy

16. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Man, you must be exhausted with all that work, not to mention the snoopervising! Good job Stuart! Remember to charge for those puppy kisses to fill your bank back up.

17. Jessica says:

Oh, my friend…you have the most adorable toesies!! 🙂

18. My dogs are also fabulous, enthusiastic helpers in the garden. Your Grandma must be so proud of her Grandog. Keep going, almost there Stewert! Sweet, squeee toes. 😀