YIKES! And I thought it was Ru Paul’s Drag Race – the taped finale to Season 6 – making all that noise last night!!!!
No. We had an earthquake around 9:45 PM. It was a 3.2 magnitude version of the BIG one We had back in 2011.
It rocked the house. Got louder and louder and louder. And it rumbled and rumbled and rumbled.
No damage done, though. But the peep’s gonna check to see if things fell off the shelves. I know I noticed some tilted paintings this morning. Whew.
(NOTE: I like queens, because they’re different. Like me. People call me a skunk. They call me a little old man – when I’m only 8 . They make fun of how slowly I walk and they say lots of things that aren’t kind. I hate being called a skunk. It’s cruel. And people are cruel to lots of people. That’s just not right. And remember, I almost didn’t make it after I was born because of my color and my bent tail, so, my friends, that’s why I embrace all things. ALL things, ALL people…it doesn’t matter to me. We all have this one earth to inhabit. We’d all better just give it up and GET ALONG.)
What You Learned Today:
- We were minding Our business last night when the rumbling started. Upstairs. On a little glassed-in side porch.
- Like We do most nights before we lay-me-down-Our-heads-to-sleep….
- When all of a sudden, the noise started.
- We thought it was a big truck.
- Then, one of the peeps thought, “Oh no. Here We are upstairs, with lots of glass around Us, and an earthquake is gonna level the house” but oh contraire my peepstress, never fear, because I AM HERE.
- I’ll make the rumbling stop.
- And so, I did.
- There you have it.
- HEY…here’s a bit of trivia for you. Did you know that East Coast earthquakes are felt over a much wider area than those on the West Coast?
- Now you do.
- You’re welcome.