Let Us Not Forget

MemorialDayLet us never forget those who selflessly gave their lives to protect all that we hold dear: freedom, independence, self-governance and the freedom of others. That applies TO ALL, not a chosen few.

It’s Memorial Day where We live. And I’m in deep thought about war and freedoms. It’s sad, really, that humans do such things to each other. But aren’t We all glad that those who have gone before us did so to protect our freedoms?

I, for one, am thankful for that.

So when you’re chowing down on a barbequed rib, or lying out in the sunshine by a pool, just think about why you’re doing that today. I’m grateful, as I chow on my own plate ‘o green beans, that the peeps are devoting their time to me and not working – much – today. Yes. Let Us Be Thankful.

HUG A VETERAN TODAY!! (I know, that’s for Veteran’s Day, but let’s get a headstart on that, shall we?)

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Let Us Not Forget

1. I will be thankful and I will remember today, Stuart. Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

Very well said, Stuart. Some of us need to be reminded what the real meaning of Memorial Day is about, which some believe marks the beginning of summertime and barbecues!

Thank you!

3. Sady says:

Amen, Stu. I am very thankful for everyone who has fought to keep America free…and oh, a good rib bone sounds yummy…my peep gave me green beans but I won’t eat them unless they are mixed with something I like. I need them because I have to lose 20 pounds. The extra weight is bothering my legs and at 13 it is time to slim down so I can get back in the car for a ride. Have a blessed day….

4. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Well said Stuart. God bless America!

5. Daisy says:

What a lovely post, Stuart! We’re think you put what today is all about perfectly. We are so lucky we get to live in the land of the free.
    oxox
    Daisy

6. Anonymous says:

This is a day for us all to be thankful to all of the servicemen who have defended our country now and in the future – Keep all in your mind and prayers. Have a great Holiday but always remember why we have it — Our best – Tobias, Cherry & Shadow

7. Anonymous says:

Today is the day for us all to remember the Servicemen of our Nation who have defended our country in the past and in the future! Have a great Holiday but always remember why we have the Holiday… Our best – Tobias, Cherry & Shadow

8. Anonymous says:

sorry Stuart – the first post did not show – so we sent another – Have a great day— Cherry, Tobias and Shadow

9. We agree Stuart! Have a great Memorial day!
    Marty and Mom

10. Well said, Stuart! Happy Memorial day to you and your peeps!

Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

11. Gwyneth says:

Couldn’t have woofed it better…

Gwyn

12. Misaki says:

Happy memorial day xx

13. Whitley says:

Happy Memorial Day!

We hope that you had a wonderful Memorial Day.

15. Anonymous says:

Happy Memorial Day to you ,and a quiet thought to all the poor souls lost in all wars .xx Bonny

16. Abigail says: