Dirt on my nose. I can’t believe I went to the dogtor with dirt on my nose.
Time for my annual check up with my fav: Dr. Lori Elliott. A couple of shots. A look in the ‘ole ears and throat. A draw of blood. Blech. I hate it. But I don’t hate Dr. Elliott. She loves us Scotties.
She loves me. And I love her.
The peeps get into arguments when we visit, though. They argue over my diet. And about how much I weigh. It goes something like this…
“You know, extra weight could damage his little heart.”
“He’s fine. Will you stop worrying about that?”
“And that’s probably why he snores and has trouble jumping on the sofa at night. Because he’s carrying extra weight around.”
“Enough with the weight. Has he ever NOT been able to get up there with you on the sofa? Will you stop?”
“And, I think you feed him too many green beans.”
“Dogtor Elliott, will you tell Her to give it up?”
“Well….he needs about 2/3 cup of his food and he can have the same amount of green beans. And a rice cake, maybe two. A day.”
“Seeeeeee! I told you you’re feeding him too many green beans!!! Stop feeding him a
darn (insert another choice word here) pound ‘o beans a DAY!!!! ”
And so, the annual dance continues until Dogtor Elliott, ever the diplomat, says, “We want him around a long time don’t we?”
How much do you think I weigh?
On Friday, I’ll tell you. The guess closest to my actual weight will get a set of StuART greeting cards. Yes! I have some left for sale! (If you don’t win a set, why not buy one? So my peep can afford to harden my arteries with multiple pounds of green beans a day!)
Come back and leave your comments here to guess my weight.
What You Learned Today:
- Ever since I turned oh, say, 3 or 4 years old, I’ve carried a couple of extra pounds.
- That’s when I started to eat green beans. To make me feel full without the extra bad calories.
- I went on a low-fat diet a few years ago once the tests came back that I didn’t have any physical problems which might cause me to be on the pudgy side.
- My peeps even fight about my weight.
- So, we go through the weight thing.
- Let’s hope I don’t tip the scales today. I mean tip them over. As in FAT DOG.
- By the way, that’s the food I eat: Fat Dog.
- Nice, huh?
- OOOOOOHHHHHH! Before I forget…Saturday’s Where in the World trip was: Staunton, Virginia. We were looking at a bee-you-ti-ful private home. And I wanted to tawdle up those steps to
get some green beans and food because I was famishedsay hi. Sweet. Y’all had some nice guesses. Thanks for playing along.