I Learn Something New Every Day

DSCN0432Here I am on a little walkie. Going at a fast little clip. Well, as fast as I go, which isn’t very fast unless there are chippers to be found. Chipmunks. Those things that go so fast they look like they’ve been shot out of a gun of some kind. Their feet don’t even seem to move. I hate them.

Anyroo, see how low I am to the ground? Not much in the long leg department am I. Not much at all.

Yesterday, when the peeps and I were at the dogtor’s office for my annual check up, I learned something about myself.  The peeps did, too.

Here goes: I stumble sometimes. Kind of like I trip over my toenails. This is because my short little legs need some stretching. And, let’s face it, I’m not the most active Scottie in the world. (Truly. I’m not. Just this morning, I made the peeps late for work because I took so long getting back home from walking to the voting place in my neighborhood. Boy, was He mad. Sorry big fella, but I hate the heat and I got tuckered out.)

So, I now have a handy dandy little stretching exercise I have to do. Oh boy.

Those of you who do Earth Dog trials, or show in the ring, or do agility, probably don’t have to do this, but I don’t do that stuff.

I. Sit. And. Watch. The. World. Go. By.

That’s it. And I like it that way.

I’ll keep you updated on the exercises. The peeps have to kind of make something for me. That’ll take forever.

• We Scotties have short legs. (No duh.)
  • Some of us who hold court in the middle of all the action instead of taking part in the action need to stretch our legs so we don’t trip.
  • We do this by simply stepping over things. Better yet, by hopping over things.
  • The peeps are going to put out a little obstacle course of PVC tubing on the floor for me to hop over. On my way to dinner. And lunch. And breakfast. Yes. That is correct. RIGHT IN MY PATH TO THE GREEN BEANS.
  • Cruel, you say?
  • I don’t know.
  • I’ll keep you posted.
  • And that’s all I’m saying about my dogtor visit because I want you to guess how much I weigh if you haven’t already. The winner will be announced Friday. The one who’s closest in their guess about how much I weigh.

This entry was posted in scotties and chipmunks, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to I Learn Something New Every Day

Boy, that sounds like an obstacle course, Stuart! Tsk, tsk! I can’t believe it! Seems like a bit much. What about daily game of fetch the toy chipper? You know, the peeps throw it, you run after it, and return it to the peep and do it again?

Good luck Stuart – we’re all rooting for you! Do well and you’re sure to get an extra helping of green beans!

2. Lucy & Mac says:

OBSTACLE COURSE before dinner ! Oh #!+>^# NO ! We suppose you are a really smart fella and will zip around the said ‘obstacle course’. Keep us posted on this one for sure!
    Your partners in ‘Zzzzzzzzz’ during the hot days….. L&M

3. Carol Bogerd says:

I agree Stuart, I hate to exercise too. I love to swim….so that is how I exercise.

4. Whitley says:

I stretch out by tryin to copy my momma when she does yoga. Den I lick her face, BOL BOL!

We are allergic to walking. That is what mom tells everyone that asks her why she goes on walks without us.

I am a little active guy. All Lee’s Scots were active. If there is anybody with a ball no matter what size I’m on the chase. And I have been after a family of chippers. Lee finally ordered a trap to catch those darn little curmudgeon.
    Thanks for being a friend

Don’t participate unless there are EXTRA green beans in it for you.

8. That’s kinda cool Stuart! You can have your own personal obstacle course with food at the end. Fun AND food! Sound perfect to me 🙂 I think you weigh #12 lbs. about what the Puffs weigh. Sorry if I offend you, but they are the only small doggies I know so I am basing my opinion on who I know.
    Luvs your bud
    Marty

9. Dude – they are going to be stretching those legs and you will be a great dane in no time 🙂

10. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Oh man, Andy and Duffy here – we trip too when we walk! Duffy more so. Mum and HIM thinks it’s due to my Scotty cramp. But I think it’s because they walk us way too fast. I absolutely luv to sit. and. watch. things. also. Sometime Mum has to drag me up the hill, or carry me if I don’t budge. She’s not very patient. Well, enough about us…..you hang in there and demand extra green beans for all your efforts. Good luck, we’re rooting for ya!

11. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

Now we’ve always worked on the principle that scotties who DON’T get to go for LONG walks end up with LONG legs. Look at Roxy, her legs are kept VERY short by our walks.

12. noodledog says:

I like to run back and forth along the fence. I have a path worn down, and grass doesn’t grow there anymore. My Mom makes me stop running. And I still trip over things…..

Noodledog

13. We’d rather have to hop over some pvc piping than be put on a stretching rack!! *BOL* We look forward to seeing your obstacle course Stu.
    Wally & Sammy

14. Daisy says:

Well, I guess you’ll be working up an appetite! I BOL at your chipper description. I would love to see a movie of that.
    oxox
    Daisy

15. Dalton says:

You sounds a lot like typists dog who stops to sniff every blade of grass while out on a walk – takes forever!!

16. Those chippers keep us on our toes too, Stuart! Keep on letting them know who’s boss!

Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

17. fozziemum says:

Oh Stu….you have been tricked…and I am sure out will work out a way to get around this tragic turn of events 🙂 hugs and loves Fozziemum xx

18. Stu, you should try it. I think you’l love to fly up, up, up and over to the green beans! Us Spoos love to jump and look what long legs we have and how beautiful we are. Of course we also have beautiful long ears to help with the aerodynamics. Hee her!

19. An obstacle course to get FOOD?! Now that’s just cruel.

20. bentley2 says:

You need a little brother or sister to keep you hopping. Can’t wait to see you doing the course.
    I see a Monday Movie out of this one. Maybe a Monday Movie and the peeps and the PVC.
    Bentley