Here I am on a little walkie. Going at a fast little clip. Well, as fast as I go, which isn’t very fast unless there are chippers to be found. Chipmunks. Those things that go so fast they look like they’ve been shot out of a gun of some kind. Their feet don’t even seem to move. I hate them.
Anyroo, see how low I am to the ground? Not much in the long leg department am I. Not much at all.
Yesterday, when the peeps and I were at the dogtor’s office for my annual check up, I learned something about myself. The peeps did, too.
Here goes: I stumble sometimes. Kind of like I trip over my toenails. This is because my short little legs need some stretching. And, let’s face it, I’m not the most active Scottie in the world. (Truly. I’m not. Just this morning, I made the peeps late for work because I took so long getting back home from walking to the voting place in my neighborhood. Boy, was He mad. Sorry big fella, but I hate the heat and I got tuckered out.)
So, I now have a handy dandy little stretching exercise I have to do. Oh boy.
Those of you who do Earth Dog trials, or show in the ring, or do agility, probably don’t have to do this, but I don’t do that stuff.
I. Sit. And. Watch. The. World. Go. By.
That’s it. And I like it that way.
I’ll keep you updated on the exercises. The peeps have to kind of make something for me. That’ll take forever.
What You Learned Today:
- We Scotties have short legs. (No duh.)
- Some of us who hold court in the middle of all the action instead of taking part in the action need to stretch our legs so we don’t trip.
- We do this by simply stepping over things. Better yet, by hopping over things.
- The peeps are going to put out a little obstacle course of PVC tubing on the floor for me to hop over. On my way to dinner. And lunch. And breakfast. Yes. That is correct. RIGHT IN MY PATH TO THE GREEN BEANS.
- Cruel, you say?
- I don’t know.
- I’ll keep you posted.
- And that’s all I’m saying about my dogtor visit because I want you to guess how much I weigh if you haven’t already. The winner will be announced Friday. The one who’s closest in their guess about how much I weigh.