The Peaks du Odoir

With Flat George at the Super 8!

With Flat George at the Super 8!

Since I don’t have any cute movies for Monday at the Movies, I thought I’d let you in on a little secret: The Peaks of Otter Lodge now accepts dogs. Yes. You. Heard. Right.

So that’s where I was on Saturday. And I love it! We haven’t been here in a while and until now, I’ve been staying at the Super 8 in Bedford (home of the D-Day Memorial – very cool). Don’t get me wrong, I love me a Super 8.

But I’d much rather stay at the Peaks du Odoir as my peeps like to call it. (Don’t ask.) That’s where I can walk out of my room and see this….

Peaks of OtterActually, that would be one of my rooms above. But I can walk out right up to the lake if I want and turn around and walk back in my room. MY VERY OWN ROOM!!!!

Sharp TopAnd I can walk around like this AND WALK RIGHT BACK TO MY ROOM!

muddy stickAnd I can take my muddy stick RIGHT INTO MY OWN ROOM.

And not have to drive back down the mountain to Bedford. I like me some Bedford, but I’d rather not dodge the deer at night with the peeps up and down the mountain.

That’s dangerous I tell ‘ya.

So, We’re about to make reservations for Fall 2014. Yippeeeeee! (Don’t worry. I’ll drop my muddy stick on the balcony. I wouldn’t want to be known as the dirty dog who spoiled it for everybody.)

• Where I live is a pretty cool state.
  • Actually, it’s a commonwealth.
  • Anyroo, the Peaks of Otter Lodge is part of the National Park System and it’s under new management.
  • I can go stay there now!
  • What is nicer than a place that welcomes dogs?
  • Nothing.
  • Well, a belly rub is nice.
  • And my peep gives me the best ear massage.
  • But a dog-friendly hotel IS THE BOMB!!!

Winston welcomes you to The Scottie Chronicles - a blog that began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. Stuart passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty cancer that took him far too early. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to The Peaks du Odoir

More and more motels, hotels and their chains are becoming dog friendly. In 2010, Kenzie and I stayed at a motel at Moab, Utah and the fire alarm went off at 4am. Excitement reigned that morning, especially since most of the other guests were from France on a tour.

Well that is special that we dogs are now allowed. What a great place. You got a muddy nose just like mine today.
    Thanks for being a friend

3. Tobias,Cherry, Shadow says:

Sounds like a real cool retreat!! Maybe we might try it too!! — Glad you had a good time
    always returning “to your room”….Always – Tobias, Cherry & Shadow

4. Whitley says:

Looks like a cool place! I’s travelled all over da place, and found some really nice pup friendly hotels.

5. What a beautiful place! Oooh, and FALL! We love Fall! Are you packed yet? We would so be packed and waiting to go.

Waggies,
    Braeden and Seth

6. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

What a bootiful place to stay! I like the mud on your nose. That stick would make some good chewing for later. Lucky you !

7. Lucy & Mac says:

You are the cutest fella…especially with mud on your muzzle and a glint in your eye !!!
    L&M …….

8. Piper MacT says:

Looks like a nice place Stuart, sometimes I forget how spoiled I am here, where I am a welcome guest in most hotels and restaurants.

9. Reblogged this on Linda's wildlife garden and commented:
    awesome and thank you for sharing

10. Dalton says:

Woo hoo that’s great!!

11. epov88 says:

Interesting 🙂

12. Carol Bogerd says:

you are one lucky Dog, Stuart.

That is absolutely beautiful Stuart! I think I would love to stay there too. XOXO – Bacon
    P.S. Thanks for your help my friend. I really appreciate it and hope that you had some fun. It is up on my page today 🙂

14. I hope your stick will wait for you when you are back in fall. I like that more howl-tels accept dogs, even when they have some trip hazards in their policies and accept only small dogs…

15. Nylabluesmum says:

444 pawz up fer poochie furendly placez to stay!!!!
    We lubbed yer columm on Bacon’z bloggie today!
    Ya give grrreat advice Stewart 😉
    Yerz Nylablue n Sherriellen Mum
    =^,,^=

16. Nylabluesmum says:

Yer wellcome Stewart n may me sayz ya iz one hansum Scottie boy too!
    Nylablue n Sherriellen
    =^,,^=

WE ARE JEALOUS!!!!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )