Bless Scotland

Bless my homeland’s little heart. Actually, I should say BIG heart.

Silent Sunday SmileDid you know – I was under a rock  while this was happening – that the Commonwealth Games held recently in Glasgow featured SCOTTISH TERRIERS leading each country’s delegation in the Opening Ceremonies???  WHO KNEW?????

Now you know. Because I know. And I like to share.

Copyright laws forbid me to copy and paste a photo (lord knows I don’t have enough in my piggy bank to cover those legal costs) BUT you can click here.

And here.

And here.

Do it now! Check out those pictures! Have you done it yet? Good. Let’s continue.

So, it seems that my brethren and sistren were so popular that night, interest in Scottish Terriers CATAPULTED THROUGH THE ROOF. And why not?

We’re the cutest things on the PLANET, yes? OK…well maybe there are a few other things on earth as cute as Scotties, but I’m hard pressed to think of even one.

I need a tartan coat with my name embroidered on it.

• The Scots had Scotties march in the Opening Ceremonies at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. Each country was led by a Scottie in a tartan coat with the country’s name embroidered on it. Sweet.
  • I love the Scots.
  • They’re so clever.
  • Where in the World Saturday was Cooper’s Island Bermuda! Woot!

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Bless Scotland

1. fozziemum says:

Indeed they did star Stu and you didn’t know! my Scot heritage has me all chuffed too 🙂 the Scot in me loves that Scotland featured such cute pie pups 🙂 and hugs to you too Stu Fozziemum xx

2. fredrieka says:

woof for Scotland

Stuart I found the story of the Scot who got the lead call. His name is Archie Clegg and he has a face book page https://www.facebook.com/archie.clegg.1
    Go and visit his page. His peep does Scottie Rescue. He came to his home because the mans wife was dying and she wanted her husband to have a companion when she was gone.
    There are some sad posting ~ one says my mommy home is here now and shows her grave.
    But darn there are a lot of happy posting.
    Bentley sent me the original article.

4. Daisy says:

I think all of us Scotties need those little coats! I loved reading about Archie. I sometimes think Scotties get a bad rap, but this pit us in such a good light!! Good to know about copying the pictures!!!!
    oxox
    Daisy

5. Kuruk says:

Hey Stu, remember when I guessed your weight almost pawfectly, and I won something from you…well, Mama says we haven’t received anything. Just wanted to let you know in case the mailman ate it or something. Wooooowooooooo, Ku

6. I saw them, the scottie for australia was my favorite. I agree you need such a coat… maybe Santa can bring you one?

Don’t send away to Savile Row for your personalized tartan coat. It will come back reading “Stewart” 😦

8. Stuart! All dogs from Scotland rule! And look good in tartan too. Arf, Arf! Max.

9. OMD, that’s pawesome!! We hadn’t heard anything about it. I think all opening ceremonies should be led out by dogs, don’t you? Any American games would be led out by mutts, of course, ’cause we’re all mutts over here! 🙂

10. I do believe that would be a good idea! MUTTS ARE US!!! WOO HOOOO!

11. Dey are cute, but I still fink dere shoulda been some westies too since we’s Scottish too.

12. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Scotties are the best kept secret. We love our heritage!

13. they should have asked you to be the lead scottie we think 🙂

14. Jazzi says:

We saw that and thought that it was so cool. Couldnt have picked better escorts!!
    GO Scotties!!

wags
    Jazzi

15. That is pretty awesome!! Now everyone is going to want a Scottie! And a little coat to go with!

16. Ranger says:

I agree… you need a tartan coat with your name embroidered on it.
    My Mom made me but it doesn’t have my name on it.
    Wags,
    Ranger

17. We saw them and have been puffed up with pride every since!!
    AROOOOOOROOOOOO!
    Wally & Sammy

aaww Stu – that is awesome but you are more awesome my friend ((HOGS AND SNOUT KISSES)). You know I heard mommy say something last night that I thought she would never say. She wanted a puppy! WTP? And more importantly she wants a Scottie! Dear piggy heavens. Only if it is a boy and as smart as you – then he can share my room 🙂 XOXO – Bacon

19. We were there ….. well in front of the TV taking photos – that’s as far as we got. But …. what a show we scotties put on for everyone – we stole the show. And well done to Hamish, the scottie who lead out the Scotland Team – whatta boy!!!!