Hang On…August the 5th and All’s Well

Nom, nom, nom...this isn't half bad.

Nom, nom, nom…this isn’t half bad.

So, as some of you may remember, I have a little trouble with the pill I take on the 5th of every month. Trifexis. BLECH.

Tonight the peep made it easier. A little Pill Pocket – or two – a little wet food and some green beans. All gone. Whew. That was easy.

Hey, before I forget to tell you, a friend of mine reminded me a while ago, don’t eat raw green beans. Like I used to. But I threw them up every time. When I was a wee lad. They made me sick. Really. They did. And they’ll make you sick, too. Why, you ask? Because there’s something in them that changes once they’re cooked. Cooked green beans don’t make you sick, but raw ones will. At least in us canines anyway.

That’s my lesson for today. And I thank my pal for reminding me to tell you. You know who you are. Ah me. How I love my friends. I can feel the beard tug. I love a good beard tug, don’t you? Kind of like a belly rub, but a bit more feisty. Boy, can I be feisty.

I digress. Back to the beans. Go spread the word: no raw green beans.

It’s been a rough day. It’s just too darned hot and humid. And that makes me tired. Gotta get some shut eye. Before I watch THE ENTIRE OPENING CEREMONY FROM THE 2014 COMMONWEALTH GAMES.

YES. The whole thing. My friend sent it to me. I’m gonna watch the whole Scottie Parade. I guess I could watch the rest of the stuff, but it won’t be nearly as interesting.  Ahhh…if I’d only been there, in Glasgow, I’d have been a part of it all. I’m sure I would have.

Maybe I’ll just parade around my big bed tonight whilst I make a nice nest before hitting the hay. Peeps, move over. It’s my bed.

This entry was posted in Scottish Terriers, Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Hang On…August the 5th and All’s Well

1. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

Oh we’re sorry you got sick on the raw beaners. Mum usually cooks them in the micro before I (Duffy) get them. Elsa can’t have any cuz she’s on a special diet. Andy doesn’t need them cuz he never has a weight problem. Just little ol’ me (well, sometimes it’s big ol’ me – but not now).
    Have a good snooze. Hot and humid here in Omaha also – yech!

2. Daisy says:

So, I didn’t know about the raw green bean thing. I love them raw and crunchy. My peep said no more! Thanks for the tip!! Enjoy *your* show!
    oxox
    Daisy

3. Thank you! That is good to know 🙂 I never feed the girls raw ones and now I will make sure I don’t thank you Stuart.
    Marty’s Mom

We get ours frozen. They’re organic and we’d never waste them by ejecting them. This goes for four dogs now-the 3 of us and Kenzie (RIP).

Goodness, never knew about the raw green bean things. I love ’em, my peep cuts them up with some cooked sweet potato and adds to my kibble. YUM!

Glad the pill pocket makes the medicine go down. I am being treated for my allergies and getting ‘vaccination’ shots every few days – first my peep fooled me – didn’t even know it – not any more! I am giving her a real run for her money. She’s hoping she can switch to a liquid. It’s not easy for us Scotties to do what’s good for us, it can cause my scottitude to show!

6. Whitley says:

At least ya got pill pockets and green beans – momma just shoves my pills down me.

7. fredrieka says:

My dadwithoutpaws gives us a pill it has liverwurst all around it.I do not even chew it just slides down and I want more

Raw beans make you sick? That’s most excellent information pal. I never knew that. And I’m with you about that bed. It is for ‘us’. We just allow the humans in it – where we want them – snorts. Have a great one! XOXO – Bacon