Traveling Tuesday?

beach glassesY’all know how much I like to travel. Here I am at the beach.

But, I do all my traveling in the car. That’s why I have my handy-dandy car bucket.

new bucket do I fitBut, I only use this thing on short trips around town. So I can see out.

Otherwise, I’m in my crate. All snug as a bug. In a rug. So to speak.

They don’t let dogs on trains here where I live, otherwise, I’d be scootin’ and pootin’ up and down the east coast. And beyond. You bet!

The peeps and I want to take a transatlantic trip together sometime and I have a friend – a Scottie of course – who’s flown a couple of times across the Atlantic. Go FIGURE!!! Who knew???

Now, I know I can’t go visit my furiends in the UK because it’s an island and I’d have to be in quarantine. And I can’t find a plane to take me there even if I didn’t have to be quarantined.

But I think I could hop across the big pond and land somewhere like France or Spain and HAVE A VERY BIG TIME. Yes. I. Would.

So, here’s a question: have you ever hopped across the pond with your peeps? All stuffed under the seat. So you could see your peeps’ feet and feel all safe? Hum? Have you?

And, to be honest, I’m not talking about you little guys who can easily fit in a big ‘ole teacup with enough room to do laps let alone a Sherpa bag with ease.

I’m talking about my pals who weigh in around the limit for squeezing under the seat.

Have you done that? What airline did you fly? Did you get a little uncomfortable all squished up for the flight?

Tell me all about it. I’m tired of surfing the airlines’ websites to find out. I know different countries have different rules. And I’m current on my shots and stuff. I just need to know about the airline travel. YIKES.

• Time for a question.
  • Have you been squished under an airline seat for six or seven hours?
  • What was that like?
  • What airline did you fly?
  • Where did you go?
  • Well, that was more than one question. It was four questions.
  • Pick the one you want and answer it. Yeah! That’ll do it!
  • Oh, and thanks.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Traveling Tuesday?

1. fozziemum says:

Goodness Stu…not me or mine…I would have a hard time getting a giant seat for Forrest…try Animal Couriers bloggie my friend they may know ūüôā they move all animals and know almost as much as a scottie! ūüėČ hugs Fozziemum xx

2. It’s my greatest wish to see the US once, but as long as I have to travel in the cargo area, it will be just a dream. I know a dog who crossed the big pond once, it’s Emma the GBGV. Or you can ask animalcouriers, they can answer all your questions.

3. bentley2 says:

Here are 2 Scotties that have traveled to Europe and all across the US and Canada. They have a facebook page and lots of YouTube videos of their adventures. https://www.facebook.com/ScottieTails
    Hope you get some of your answers from Boone and Kenzie’s adventures.
    Bentley

4. I’m way too big to fit under a seat, and Momma says she’d NEVER fly me as cargo. So we drive places! My aunt Kaitlin did fly all the way across the Atlantic once. She was Momma’s dog when Momma lived in England, and she came back to the States with Momma. She had to fly cargo, and she told me once it was very skeery but a big adventure.

• Piper MacT says:

I flew cargo from Germany to Canada and back, dad says that I likely had it better than they did in cattle class as I was at least in my crate where I could curl up and sleep. There is a special section for animals that is heated, and insulated from noise, so I wasn’t fussed at all, other that really, really needing a pee after the flight. Come see me, we’ll have Schnitzel.
        Piper MacT

aaww – If you can fly, certainly *I* could too all safely tucked under the seat. Heck Stu, we could be Guys Gone Wild and fly all over the place visiting blog peeps. Wouldn’t that be awesome?! XOXO – Bacon

6. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

We are all over the 20 lb weight limit (not by much, but enough to disqualify us), so we’d have to be in cargo. The peeps said no way to that. In fact, we rarely go on car trips because HE says we would be trouble. Can you imagine that, us, trouble!?!! Anyhoo, hope you can figure it out and then be able to tell us about your adventures.

I can’t answer one of those questions.

Are you kidding? She will NOT fly herself. That’s because Her Daddy was a test pilot and died of natural causes. It doesn’t make sense to me either. I always go on car trips. The biggies are 3 days up and 3 days back. Do they allow us on cruise ships? I’ve heard wonderful stories about the food on them-I can only dream about it.

Drew flew down to Palm Beach from Washington DC in 1997. She is the only Scottie to fly and he flew in baggage from her breeder. Sid hates to travel in a car. Shelby is good in the car. Thank your parents for being responsible and making sure that you are safe in the car. We see too many dogs traveling in their parents laps while they drive. Scary!

10. I’s flown, but never to another country. Just Dallas to LA and Dallas to Boston. I’s flown American and Continental – Continental was better (American made us check in at the counter and gave my momma a hard time sayin I was too big – I am not! Continental let you pay for the dog before getting to the airport and didn’t have to inspect me). I flew at my momma’s feet and mainly I just slept the whole time – it wuz boring.

My first family traveled with me – not sure if it was by plane, but I did have my own travel crate. It’s unlikely I will ever fly with my peep now – she says, ‘no cargo for you!’ But I LOVE car rides and I am happy with that! She wants to get me a car bucket like yours!

12. Lucy & Mac says:

We met an assistance dog on a cruise ship… he was not allowed off the ship at ports of call. So, that meant his mistress also could not go ashore.
    L&M’s clan mom…..

13. Dalton says:

Typist has driven with her dog to France but never had him on a flight.