A Little Update – Remember Archie?

Archie eats on the table so others will leave him alone. Smart puppy, yes?

Archie eats on the table so others will leave him alone. Smart puppy, yes?

Do y’all remember Archie? Waaaay back in April, he needed a home. Really bad.

So, I thought I’d let you know that last night, on my walk amble, I ran into the folks who rescued him but couldn’t keep him.  They kept him for as long as they could.

But they found him a home. Remember that? Well, Archie now rules the roost in a one dog household where he is king. Up in New England somewhere.

I thought your Thursday might be a bit brighter knowing that.

Now, your Thursday is definitely going to be brighter after seeing this little picture of moi.  (So many of you let me know that THIS if your favorite photo, that I thought I’d share it today. Even though it’s not World Photo Day anymore.)

twitter photo stuart

WHAT YOU LEARNED TODAY:

• I love it when lost dogs find forever homes.
  • Let’s try to do that more often, shall we?
  • Thanks!

This entry was posted in Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to A Little Update – Remember Archie?

We are always to happy to hear of successful rescue stories. We love your photo as always.

2. Christina says:

Yea! So happy to hear this!

3. that is so good to hear a forever home

4. GREAT news about Archie……and that truly IS “the best” photo of you EVER !

Hugs, Sammy

Kali is on her second rescue. The first couple lived in a retirement area and found Kali a bit much to handle (10 pounds or 4kg). She’s a pistol, but all she needed was a terrier talking to and a bunch of reassurances that she was loved and going to stay. She’s still very active, but she’s learning and she hangs with the peeps all the time. I think she knows that she got a third chance. Archie-take advantage of your third chance and endear yourself to your new peeps.

6. Duffy, Andrew & Elsa says:

I (Andy) am forever grateful the peeps got me from the rescue group. I was placed with an older couple that did not like me running through the house and being puppyish. So the peeps said “We want him!” I think they are glad they have me. Elsa and Duffy and I play all the time and She and He laugh a lot when we are just being ourselves. Love the photo for today – it exemplifies all things Scottie and then some. You are our hero 🙂

7. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

That’s great news!

8. That’s awesome about Archie, Stuart!

Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

I am especially glad to hear about Archie finding a furever home! I am a rescue, too, and I was already 10 years old but my first family had serious medical issues and could no longer keep me, even though they loved me very much. I was scared and so were they. But they found my new peep who has been wonderful! She says I am the sunshine of her life. My new peep believed that while I needed a good and loving home my first family needed peace of mind that I would be safe and happy.

I am and they have it.

• OH…I love this. You are so right about peace of mind and safety. Your story worked out for all. I’m sooooooRRROOOOoooooo happy for you in your forever home my pal. The sunshine of her life. I’m gonna cry.

Yours, Stu

10. Glad Archie found a home.

And dat are one pawsome pic of ya.

11. That news has brightened up our day no end!! HIGH FIVE PAWS for Archie and his new family!
    Wally & Sammy

Totally pigawesome that Archie found his forever home my friend. I ❤ happy endings! Happy Friday. XOXO – Bacon

13. Thanks for the update on Archie! I love furever family stories.

14. Great to hear that Archie is happy 🙂 Love the pic Stuart!!!!