Until then, I’ve been thinking. You know I always think.
And you know I’ve been thinking about sad things recently with many of my pals leaving this worldly earth. And I can’t thank y’all enough for your kind words, your encouragement and your help to get me out of my funk. Your words mean a lot to me. And I got to thinking about what it all means.
So, one thing it means is that it’s time to plan ahead. Yes. Now. Don’t wait another moment.
(I’ve written about this before but a refresher is always in order.)
- Have your peeps made provisions for your care if something should happen to them? Make them do that right now. There’s no time like the present.
- Suggest to them that they choose a loving person to take care of you. Someone they know and that you know, too. And, if they don’t know a person to take care of you, ask your Dogtor about it the next time you go for a visit.
- Bark at them to include a dollar amount in their estate plan to help this person take care of you. And include your favorite Dogtor’s name, too, and maybe some money for him/her so that things are easier.
- Also, here’s a question: have your peeps made plans to make sure you’re not in any pain if you should ever get really, really sick or hurt? It’s very, very, very hard to let a loved one go over the bridge, but, as hard as it is to say goodbye, suffering’s even harder. Especially if you don’t need to. It’s hard for our peeps to talk about, but make them do it. For your sake. And theirs. They might think they’d do whatever it takes to help you feel better and be out of pain, but when it comes right down to it, they may be hesitant. Help them know that you’ll be OK, and that you’ll see each other later.
- This isn’t pleasant stuff, but, trust me, you and your peeps will feel better once these things have been discussed and written down somewhere.
- For the record, I made my peeps do this a few years ago. After They realized They hadn’t written anything down. Right in the middle of a plane flight. A long way away from moi.
- Do this out of love. Because, as y’all have pointed out, that’s what it’s all about.
Now go out there and have some fun and think happy thoughts today!