May the Force Always Be With Us

My friend Gywn, a bee-you-ti-ful wheaton Scottie gal, sent me a pee mail the other day. She was worried about my deep, dark mood about going over the Rainbow Bridge. I’m much better now, but she made me feel even better!

See?

silent sundaySee how happy I am? (Uh….I’d be happier even still if I had my middle bottom tooth like I do in this photo, but that’s another story.)

Here’s what Gwyn told me in the pee mail. I may have some of the details wrong, but here’s the gist:

Once, when a friend of hers took a little trip to a cute little town, somebody went up to her peep and said, “you’re missing your dog aren’t you? a retriever?”. And the peep went a little bonkers because there was no way this person knew about her losing her dog let alone what kind of dog it was. Then the person said, “He’s right there with you. Sitting with you. He’s with you all the time.”

WHOA!!!!!!!!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!

I truly believe that happened. And that our loved ones’ souls never leave us. And now I know that’s true. And I believe some people can see our souls. Some people can’t. Dogs, well, we dogs can see lots of things.

I’m feeling even better now that I know I’ll never leave my peeps. I’ll just be taking care of them. Silently. Watching. And being mindful of Them. And They won’t leave me either. They’ll be right there with me every step I take. Just like BoBo who was with Them after he passed and helped guide Them to me. Little ‘ole me. Right here.

Whew. Glad that’s settled. Thanks, Gwyneth!  And thanks to y’all who told me this when I was in my funk.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to May the Force Always Be With Us

1. What a sweet post and I’m happy to hear you’re feeling better about “what if” and “what happens” because it’s true – we never do REALLY go away – we just keep watch from another place. So to humans – so it’s all good. I’ve been thinking a lot about deep stuff too since I’m sneaking up to the BIG 15 and on meds now…..but I know – as do you – that we just really do go on and on and on and – well – you get the picture! Be happy………that’s my new motto!

Love and Hugs, Sammy

2. I’m sure we can see souls and that’s probably the reason that we sometimes bark at people we never met before… humans call that: barking without a reason… but we dogs know it better, right?

3. We believe that it’s true too – we carry all our dear friends round in our hearts.

4. Gwyneth says:

I’m so glad you liked my (true) story. It makes me feel good whenever I think about it. Now about that middle bottom tooth….THAT’s another story I want to hear!!

Woofers,
    Gwyn

Stuart I am a believer also. Strange things do happen. I remember how you said Bobo’s doggie placemat was in the bottom of the can untouched by the trash and how the card appeared and your Dad thought your Mom had done that but hadn’t. My Lee had a perfect heart make appear on her arm where her last Scot Half Pence always rested his head. It formed in two days. The second day would have been his birthday. Lee actually went to the dermatologist afraid something coming that fast might be Melanoma. The dermatologist had never seen such a perfect heart form and she new it was not there the month before because Lee had gone in for her yearly skin checkup.
    Thanks for being a friend

I’m glad you snapped out of it. 2014 has been tough. First Daisy, then Jazzi. They wouldn’t want you to sulk.

7. whitedogpuperie says:

Thanks for posting that Buddy. I had a brother before me that left too early and Jazzi going to the big taco stand in the sky has made me and my mom a little droopy too. Mom says we have to stop asking “Why” cuz nobody knows. I appreciate the perspective in the pee mail you got … yes, I do.

8. Edgar says:

That’s a great story…we’ve been having a rough go too, with Grampy not being well, and Jazzi, and sometimes it’s just too much! but it’s nice to hear these nice things. And Heavens! What a neat story SWTS told about his Lee! Will you retell the Bobo story? We have trouble finding it in the archives.

Edgar and his mum

• We’ve been thinking about your Grampy. Crossed our paws, too.

SWTS’s story was WWWAAAAY COOL along with Gwyn’s and so many others.

I’ll have to reblog that post about the BoBo story. I’d be glad to! Anything for you my Edgar friend.

No more weepy.

9. Ok, now that Peeps are admitting the strange things that happen to them, about a year after Oskar left me for the Bridge, my friends made me go see a psychic with them. My one friend had to leave and give up her spot for her “read”. When her number was called, they made me go in her place. The first thing the psychic asked me was “who is the white dog that is always with you?” I have always felt that Oskar is with me, but this woman had not talked to anyone about me since I wasn’t there for a read, so she had no idea. That is MY extra proof of what I have always known 🙂
    Marty’s Mom

I better tell mine to stop tripping me. We nine over the bridge, it is no wonder that I am always tripping on something.

11. we agree – we are surrounded everyday by loved ones – even if we can’t see them

I think that is why SHE calls me (Duffy) McGee – (RIP) sometimes. She has also called Andy the name Max (RIP) and Elsa has been Schnapps (also RIP) on more than one occasion. I think those that have gone before us are within us, guiding us, watching over the peeps that way. We maybe even take on their faces once in awhile. Whatever it is, we are grateful for those who came and trained THEM over the years because Lord knows, it’s ALOT of work to get THEM to mind us. ARFFFF/AROOOOOOO

13. Donna says:

That is great. I feel better too. Thank you for sharing.

14. susieandsidebite says:

Glad you came around Stuart, we too were at a loss over our pal Jazzi, we had to take time to reflect about it, and so did the peeps, they take it hard when a Scottie crosses the bridge. Put in a while it just makes us closer. The peeps say they look for that perfect love, and we are right in front of them given it our all, and they do the same for us!

The Mad Scots

15. Love never dies dear Stuart. Doggie hugs to you. I love my dogs so much because they are just wonderful.<3

16. I don’t think I’d want to silently watch. I’d want to bark.

17. drradha says:

Is it really true that their souls never leave us?? I’d surely like to believe that. I just lost my beloved boxer, LIZZY, exactly a month ago. She is buried in our garden. She was just 5 yrs.old and passed away due to cancer. I visit her grave daily and miss her something awful. I hope she ‘s around. Although I would have preferred if she was still with me, physically. 😦

• First, let me say how very sorry We are for the loss of your beloved Lizzy. It’s so, so difficult.

We do believe, like so many of our blog pals, that she is still with you.

There may come a time when you see her in the garden or hear her gentle breathing as she sleeps. She’s there.

I have to believe that.

Warmest ArrrOOOO Rooos to you in this painful time, Stu

18. fozziemum says:

Stu….I have never had any dreams of the pets I have lost..until….we bought this house three years ago…we sold our old house a year after one of our kitties Simba was shot and killed..we waited and just could not live there anymore..so the week we looked at this house (3 hours away for our old place) I had a very vivid dream of Simba he was here he was running through the bush stopping and starting and darting and dodging and having a ball..funny thing was..he had half a tail when he died..he had lost it in an accident..in my dream his tail was long again..we signed the papers and bought the house..i researched and we named the property Samovila a Russian Fairey who was the protectress of all woodland creatures…all because we KNEW Simba was already here waiting for us…and all our pets settled in straight away…and we know Simba guided us to a safe haven….we may not have the physical presence of the ones we love anymore but I believe the energy they keep with us is the most beautiful thing ..just a different perspective or aspect of their love…hugs and loves Fozziemum xx

• I’m speechless. This is a breathtaking story.

Aren’t your anipals the BEST????

WOW. Thanks so much for sharing that. Stu

• fozziemum says:

I agree Stu they are amazing! I loved the dream I had it just stopped any doubts we had as to whether we were acting hastily out of sadness…and we could not be happier knowing out there Simba is having a ball in the bush with the roos and the wildlife..and you are so welcome my friend 🙂 loves Fozziemum xx

19. Becky says:

Oh yes, I totally agree about our dogs knowing things and seeing things before we EVER do. Sending lots of love and hugs…..

Duhgall and Becky