Oh Boy. Now it’s MY Turn.

small res 60See those eyebrows? (How can you not….I’m a Scottie after all.)

Right above my right eye… MY right eye, not YOUR right eye, it would be MY eye to YOUR left… (there’ll be a quiz later)… there’s a little black bump. Kind of like a mole, but not really. Kind of squishy, but not really. It doesn’t hurt and I’d never noticed it before. It came out of nowhere.

Yesterday, the peep scooped me up, plonked me in my car seat and off We went to the Dogtor. We waited for a while, but Dogtor Elliott was nice enough to see me, without a reservation, so in We went.

Here’s how it went, from one peep to the other:

“How’d it go? I was getting worried! You’ve been gone longer than I thought and I didn’t meet you guys out there because I didn’t get out of my doctor’s appointment until late, and…”

“Hold on, he’s fine. She did a little needle aspiration and didn’t notice any unusual cells.”

“A NEEDLE???? ASPIRATION???? OHHHH…my poor baby, where is he? Stuart? Come here my baby, where are you?”

“He’s right over there. In the yard. Smelling some dirt. Or maybe eating something. Who can tell?”

“STUART!!!!!! COME HERRE! MY PRECIOUS!!!!

“Calm down! He’s right over there. He’s fine. She said, to be on the safe side, she’s going to remove it next Tuesday and send it off for a biopsy. So, we’ll have to take him out there really early and leave him…”

“OH MY ANGEL!!!!!!! HE’LL BE SO SCARED!!!!!!”

“…and pick him up in just a few hours. He won’t have to stay all day. The only reason she didn’t do it today was because he kept staring at her and she didn’t want him to know what she was doing. He won’t be all the way under.”

“OOOOOOHHHHHHH! MY BOY! Come here my baby!!!!”

“He’s fine. Everything’s fine. And he hasn’t gained any weight since last time – he stepped right up on the scale himself, he knows the routine – and everybody treated him like a celebrity and gave him lots of treats. He had a big time. People just love his eyes. All he did was eat treats the whole time.”

I’m no dummy, but y’all know that. Love me some treats!

By this time, I had sauntered into the house and given Her a little lick on the face. I don’t do that much these days, but I thought She needed one. Geesh.

So, here we go. Off to the land of peep worry. Me? I’m not worried in the least. It’s just an old man wart above my eye. We Scotties get those from time to time. Ain’t nothing but a thing.

But, the peep? It’s Her I’m worried about. See, her dogtor told Her yesterday that She’s allergic to me and suggested that I sleep somewhere else.

I. Think. Not. And so does the peep.

The saga continues. So, stay tuned. Seems lots of us Scots are having things removed and tested these days.

Speaking of Scots…I wonder if my ancestral home will vote “yes” or “no” for independence today? I couldn’t vote anyway because I’m an expat.

This entry was posted in pets, photos of dogs, Scottie health, Scottish Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Oh Boy. Now it’s MY Turn.

1. Oh Stuart I know you were very brave at the vets…..too bad your Mom can’t be that brave (hahaha…just kidding believe me I know how Moms are!!). Hopefully that biopsy when they take that squishy thing off your eyebrow will show just a crummy little fat cyst…..I’ll have my paws crossed. Meanwhile keep your Mom CALM……not an easy task!

Hugs, Sammy

2. Edgar says:

oh dear, Stu! It sounds like ya’ll had quite the day! When I was just a wee one, I had something called a strawberry tumor right above my eye too. it started as a little bump and then looked like a pencil eraser and then got to the size of a quarter and then one day it was gone! Mum found out a few years ago that she is allergic to me and Charlie both. We are not supposed to sleep with her either…but where else would we sleep then??

Edgar and his mum

3. Stuart I cross my paws that lab has the same result: just a wart. I cross my paws for you and your mom… and I hope the native country of all scotties makes the right decision today.

4. fozziemum says:

Stu…peeps freak..it’s their job…we whooshed Marbles t the vet ASAP when I was sure she had a cancerous lump.the vet pronouncing her diet had worked and it was long lost part of her rib…major idiot me…Doc is covered in warts ..being a terrier and old as dirt ..but each time I give them the ‘look’ and both the boys here have fatty cysts.(really selling them to prospective girl dogs aren’t I bwahahahaha ) the only lump that really had us freak was under Doc’s armpit (do dogs have armpits????) and he had an op as the vet was way worried too..it was a dang grass seed..deeply embedded I him…so relief all round..as for allergic..well us peeps will never worry about what the DR says to US…bwahahha that’s what zyrtec and tissues are for ..so I am sure all is well sweet Stu..and yes which way will the vote go…good luck my sweet it will be fine ūüôā Loves Fozziemum xx

You have my POTP for sure! This is like how my toe amputation started. Stu, whatever you do, do NOT sign the papers allowing the Dr. to amputate your head. This is important.

6. Abigail says:

Thanks for sharing this, we are going for our annual soon and will be having a number of things looked at.

Abigail and Pippi

7. bentley2 says:

I know it’s just an old man bump. But will send you prayers for sure. Nothing to do with peeps worry, peeps will be what peeps are.
    Bentley

Stuart I will say a little extra pray for you. You be alright buddy, pal, friend.

9. we are sending power of the paw – sometimes the hair follicles that the eyebrow whiskers come out out get a little infected and cause lumps like yours…lets hope it is nothing to worry about

10. Lesley says:

Fergus had the little black squishy bump just under his lower lip. Came out of nowhere too and because it was black we were advised to have it removed. Tested negative for bad things and you would never know it had been there. No cone needed and he did extra well through it all. POTP coming your way for the same…Fergus, Guinness and mom.

11. Toby and Banks says:

oh doggone it any how! Just when I was feeling a bit perky. Banks and I are sending double the POTP! And have you seen Banks’ paws?? They are as big as my head, so lots of power there!

Peeps get worried for sure. But then we get extra lovins, more treats, more attention, more pillows to sleep on……more of everything that is wonderful.

I am coming to see you my friend, soon!

Toby and Banks

12. Gwyneth says:

Oh, no, Stuart!!! But I’m sure it will turn out to be nothing….just don’t let them touch your magnificent eyebrows!! Sending POTP your way big time!!

Love,
    Gwyn

13. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

Peeps DO WORRY lots, but we’re happy there’s nothing wrong and NO ONE should be touching your eyebrows….except Sniglet.

Allergic to you…..how ridiculous!

POTP X 3 to you! Oh ya, musn’t forget HE and SHE peeps – make that X 5. Will they have to shave your eyebrow (horrors) or give you an eye patch (ARRRR). Good luck!

15. susieandsidebite says:

Your peeps are funny, but we been there also with little problems that weren’t. We are waiting for the vote outcome here, Dads been on a rant for a month about it!

The Mad Scots

Scotties seem to get all kinds of bumps. We hope that you will be fine. As to your mom, rell her to get some Benadryl . Scotties need a warm, cozy place to sleep.

17. POTP to you and your peeps. My past experience declares a “squishy” lump to be the best type to have if one has to have one. We have fingers, toes and paws crossed here Stuart and I think your Mum was actually quite brave. I would have been alarmed too.

18. I got some warts and lil bumps too – hopin yours are nuffin serious. POTP!

19. Ranger says:

I will not allow dis. You will not have a bad bump. It is just a handsomely aged bump.
    But I will put my paws together to say a prayer to help calm your mum down.
    POTPs being sent your way.
    Wags,
    Ranger

20. Oh Stuart you brave Scotsman! Tell your Mom that is what Allegra is for! That’s what Mom says! (by the way Mom is allergic to cats and dogs MOL!) Sounds like you have what Oskar and Mom called “old guy warts and he had his taken off his face too just to be safe.
    Luvs ya buddy!
    Marty

Stuart, I’ve got a feeling in my old bones that you are going to be just fine! Your Peep is just like mine, it’s a female thing.

We are sending love and prayers your way!

22. Oh Stu!! Where to begin! We are keeping our paws crossed that everything is going to be ok with your mole-thingy, we’re sending you serious POTP. As for your peep being allergic to you, that is just horrible! There must be something her dogter can give her ‘cos you being separated from her is just NOT an option!
    Wally & Sammy

23. Dalton says:

Well it’s been all go at yours hasn’t it! I am sure it will be nothing my friend – just be sure to milk it for all it’s worth. We will be thinking of you when you go for your visit and as for peep being allergic to you I’m sure she’ll figure it out!

24. Pingback: Friday’s Foto Fun – The Scots Have Spoken | The Scottie Chronicles

25. Misaki says:

Hope the result comes back clear Stuart. Will be thinking of you xx

26. Pingback: Toby’s Peeps are Thankful | The Scottie Chronicles

27. Pingback: Do me a favor | kylascott

28. Comedy Plus says:

Kyla sent me over and I agree with her assessment. Don’t let them amputate your head. Not a good plan.

Have a woof woof day. ūüôā

29. Hey there Stuart!! I’m a pal of Kyla’s and she barked that you were havin’ some work done today,so i thoughts I would stop by and give ya some POTP! Oh, and I thinks it’s not a worry, I gets these fatty cysts all the times! I thinks it’s a terrier thingie. Ma says all her Terriers have gotten them. Butts, I’ll still keep my paws crossed for ya!
    Now, send your Moms over for a margarita….that should help!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ‚ô•

30. Power of the Paw and a Maltese Salute…with aloha! Hope all the best for you.

31. cafall says:

We will be thinking of you! POTP being sent.

Monty and Harlow