OK. Today is my first installment of being present for Kyla. You know what I mean.
Being “present” – and I just thought of this, so I think it’s pretty clever – being present means that there will be no moping, no worrying, no sadness, no crying eyes. It means being in the moment with happy, supportive thoughts, words and deeds. To help Kyla and her peeps.
OK. So, my being present for Kyla means that I’m smiling today because I’m thankful she came into my life and loves me. See, a few years back she sent me a box of cookies. She made them herself. Really. She did. And she wrote me a letter asking if I’d be her Valentine. Can you believe that?
Of course I said, yes, but it was late because of the mailman. Don’t get me started. You can read about it here, but I’m not dwelling on sadness and bad postal service today. Nope. Not me.
Today, years later, she’s still my Valentine. And she’ll always be my Valentine.
That makes me happy and I hope it makes her happy, too.
I’ll never forget those cookies….oh me. This brings a smile to my face.
What You Learned Today:
- My girlfriend is, well…she’s…let’s just say she’s in the twilight of her wonderful life and she needs our help to stay happy and strong.
- She’s loved by everybody. Including me.
- But I love her more than anybody.
- We don’t live in the same town or even in the same state.
- But that doesn’t matter.
- Scotties can be close that way.
- So, I consider it my duty to stay positive.
- You can, too.
- I think it helps to stay positive. But from her hilarious post today, she’s already on the positive trail. Check it out. You’ll bark out loud.
Here I am Kyla!