Watercolor Wednesday – A Blue Day

new blue pot stuIt’s a blue day here at The Scottie Chronicles. And not in a good way. See, it’s mid-term election time and I’m afraid things aren’t boding well. I usually let the peeps handle all this political stuff. ‘Cause I don’t care. As long as I get my green beans and a belly rub, things are good with me.

But, really, from what I’ve overheard in the media and during Our walkies in the evenings, things are pretty bad with American politics. I pay attention. The peeps don’t know that I pay attention. But I do.

What I don’t get is how voters can be so apathetic. Make that “non voters.” How, after all, when people have died to get voting rights and where there are countries where voting will get you killed, kind of, how can you not vote?

And how, please explain, can you vote for people who hate? Lots of politicians seem to hate women, children, people who aren’t white, people who are so-called Christians, people who look or believe differently.

What’s up with that?

I mean, a dog is a dog. Whether you’re a Scottie or a hound or a mutt, we’re all still dogs after all. Just because I’m a brindle mix and you’re not, that doesn’t make you any less of a dog. Or me any more of a dog.

It’s kind of like that. All we really need are green beans and belly rubs. Right?

Who cares if I have different beliefs than someone else?

Things aren’t all rosy here in the good ‘ole US of A. And it’s going to get worse, I’m afraid. Just wait ’till the next pawsidential election. That’s going to be pretty. NOT.

Poor Obama. He’s a black guy, just like me. And he gets no respect. None. Nada. Zilch. And now it’s going to be worse. If that’s pawsible.

I’ve got my money on Mark Warner. He’s a good guy. My paws are crossed he wins yesterday’s election. It’s too close at this point.

I really think I should run for public office. If I were to run, I would accept NO MONEY. From anybody.

And you know what’s the saddest thing of all? Yesterday, when I walked with the peeps to the polling place, I saw one of my young neighbors who was voting for the first time in his life. Afterwards, he said it was exciting. Democracy in action, he said. And he was off to school to convince his classmates to go vote. Seems they just don’t care.

Now THAT’S scary.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Watercolor Wednesday – A Blue Day

1. We take our liberties for granted until they’re wrested away by some stronger force. Voting, jury duty, all the civic responsibilities we should share as citizens are just taken for granted….if considered at all. Sad.

2. Edgar says:

we are blue here in Nebraska this morning too, Stu. Mum often feels like her vote doesn’t really count here, in this state of ours, but she still votes – every. time. She feels bad for Mr. Obama too – seems he’s being blamed for all the gridlock in congress, just because people can’t get along and compromise. They are more concerned with BEING right than DOING what’s right. Sigh…

Edgar and his glum mum

3. finleywestie says:

Well, if ya think politiks is bad now, research a little and read some of da exchanges between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson… bol! bol!! Maybe I’s just got a different perspektive, but I didn’t see the previous guy gettin’ much respeckt either… hung in effigy, drawn as a chimp… seems like politiks just ain’t a respecktable kind of thing– especially when folks is on da extremes and views da udder side as not just thinking wrong, but somehow evful.
    Now me, I don’t see much difference really… except I had a huge crush on Barney Bush… he sure wuz cute! And as fur evful, well, I reserves dat designashun fur skwirrels and ratz!

• I’m secondin da Barney Bush crush – well, actually I liked him first. BOL!

When I were at UCLA wif my momma, a group of dese nutty fans of Lyndon LaRouche would yell at my momma “your dog hates the president” on pretty much a daily basis when we walked past em. I’m a dog, I don’t hate nobody. Back den, Bush wuz da president, and if anything, I would liked him since he obviously liked us terrierists. Besides dat I likes pretty much all guys, specially if they’ll give me a pat.

Da onliest pawlitishun I’s ever met was one of my momma’s professors, she are a senator now. I liked her too, after all, she had da good sense to pet me and tell me I wuz cute.

• You’re right about history. Interesting, huh? You’re the wise one today my furiend.

Our peeps vote every time also. What if you couldn’t? What if the government got so that they told you what to do with every single thing in your life? We like our freedom to eat green beans, have belly/ear rubs and AROOOOOOO loudly. So we think everyone should at least try to make themselves count.God bless America (and Scotland , too).

5. fear not Stuart. Good will always triumph. It just takes time.

6. I know Stuart. I am so sad. Between the smear campaigning and the apathy, it is borderline embarrassing where I live. I have voted every year since I have been old enough to vote because I feel it is such a privilege. If you don’t vote, don’t complain. You did not take advantage of your right to choose change so shut up! A single voice may sound quiet, but a group of voices become a choir. Speak up, vote and be heard. Sorry, this is one of my soapboxes ūüôā
    Marty’s Mom

Sad day here in Florida. Our governor is a billionaire ans spent a fortune on getting re-elected. We feel your pain. Our poor President gets no respect.

8. Anonymous says:

Everyone votes differently as we all think differently – so no matter what our Peeps vote regardless of what others do – we support them – we hope that their friends and family vote also as we need to have our ‘people’ continue to vote in order for us to have all that we have and then some…thanks for listening Stuart – Vote On each time around and get all your friends to do so also – Tobias, Cherry & Shadow

9. roweeee says:

You’d have my vote.

Shakes head. I feel you pal. I can’t believe the people that want to voice their opinion about candidates and the state of our economy but yet THEY DON’T VOTE!? How can you not vote? People fought for those rights. And hey, you run – I’ll start the campaign and you will have ALL of our votes here at the Hotel Thompson for sure! XOXO – Bacon