The Last Time. Almost.

Natural BalanceRemember this? My peep’s miracle cure for my hatred of Trifexis? My monthly pill?

Nope. Not anymore. Yesterday, I thought She was going to throw me out of the back door and lock me out forever. That’s how mad She was at me.

See, it took all day for me to get that nasty pill down. All. Day. I kept eating around it. And spitting it out. Even the small little pieces She made.

Nothing worked.

Not even hiding it in my Natural Balance – purchased specifically for this task, mind you – not even my delicious Pill Pockets, not even CREAM CHEESE.

Somehow, I did it. I got it down. And We only have one more month to go. Because We’re switching back to Sentinel.

I’ve had it. She’s had it. NO MORE!

Nap time. That took a lot outta Us both!

DSCN3621This is my new blankie. It’s very soft. And very warm. I think it even heats up from my own body temperature. Oh boy, did I have a good time on this big bed. During Our little trip not too long ago.

I’m gonna need another little trip after that last Trifexis, don’t you think? That stuff IS NASTY.

• I, like most of you, must take a pill to be sure I don’t get whipworms, heartworms and other nasty stuff.
  • I have to take Trifexis once a month because Sentinel was taken off the market a while ago. Now it’s back. Thank dawgness.
  • I used to take Heartguard. And I, like my Kyla girlfriend, love that stuff! But, it doesn’t prevent whipworms. And the treatment for whipworms is Panacur. I. Hate. That. Stuff. I’ve had whipworms not once, but twice. Yuk.
  • Being a dog is tough.
  • Being a handsome dog is tougher.
  • But somebody’s gotta do it. That would be me. Modesty is not one of my strong suits, as you know.
  • Later I’ll tell you about my trip.
  • Gotta snooze now.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Last Time. Almost.

1. I’m sorry you have so much trouble with Trifexis! Cinderella and I are good about taking our pills, but we’re on Heartgard.

2. HaHaHa!!! Sorry but I laughed when I read this. poor Mom!!! Thank goodness the old medication is back. I am getting the point that you really, really don’t like that Trifexis. ūüėÄ

3. Bonnie n Kenzie says:

Ha! She gave up with hiding the pill. She stands over me and clamps her legs (ankles) around my waist….then unceremoniously grabs my snooter from underneath and lifts it up, shoving her thumb and forefinger in at the jaw joint, making me open my mouth. THEN….with the other hand she reaches down my throat about to the tail bone and drops the pill off. Then she clamps my jaws shut till I swallow. She doesn’t even say EXCUSE ME!
    Kenzie swallows her pill whole in the pill pocket.
    I always spit them back out.
    Bonnie

4. Braeden and Seth says:

Oh Stuart, I hear Ya. Seth sucks the trifexis down like it’s candy. Of course, he’s the canine version of a garbage disposal. He eats just about anything. Me, well I can’t stand the trifexis. Mom cuts it up into 6 pieces, which means 6 pill pockets (I prefer the peanut butter flavor) and I usually spit 2 or 3 out, which means more pill pockets! Tomorrow is our day…oh joy.

Waggies,
    Braeden

PeeS Riley is not a very discerning pup either…he gets his in 2 pill pockets because he’s little. And he does not spit them out.

I don’t have that stuff but with my recent thing, I’ve been keeping all the big drug companies solvent with all the pills I take. So far, they’re working. An added bonus is that I’m now a pill connoisseur.

6. Me and Finley just get the pills crammed down us.

7. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

Not even cream cheese? Wow, that must be nasty stuff.

Last month the Confortis went down for the first time with the addition of a piece of Nova salmon and cream cheese wrapped around the pill. they did not fall for it this month. I had to resort to peying open their mouths, putting the pill in, closing their mouths, and blowing into their nares.

We do the HeartGuard chewable, yummo! But, Andy and I must also take a vitamin E capsule daily with our meal. I do not like it and have spit it out many times. Then it gets jammed down my throat. Andy just eats it up no problem. Elsa gets many pills because of her conditions. Some she takes, some she needs a pill pocket for. I’m glad I’m not her. But We do love her!

10. That Trifexis must be really awful stuffs! Mom is feeling fortunate that we’re such easy pill swallowers!

Love ya lots‚ô•
    Mitch and Molly

11. Uhoh…..the pill thing really is awful isn’t it? My Mom sneaks mine to me in strawberry yogurt which I adore….she grinds the pill up into a powder and mixes it with yogurt and MOST OF THE TIME (!) I cooperate and slurp it right up. Sometimes – NOT. Mom gets mad at me too but I know she’s not “MAD/MAD” – just “FRUSTRATED/MAD”…….we just have to be brave Stuart – gotta do what our Moms want us to do. It’s for our own good – I’m glad you can go back to something you like instead of this pill you HATE. Good luck buddy.

Hugs, Sammy

12. we always question why things that are good for you taste so bad ūüôā

13. Riley puppy says:

Too much DRAMA, Stu! (I am the same way!)
    Riley (the naughty) Puppy