Guess I’m Getting Old

thinkingSo here I am on my bed in the peep’s office. It’s on the floor. So all I have to do is step into it. Very easy. And very comfy.

Now that I’ve taken a tumble from my little sofa in front of Our big bed a while ago – I jump up on it and take another big jump into the big bed to sleep for the night – and ripped part of my toenail off the other day, I’m not doing very much jumping these days. I don’t even think I told y’all about my tumble off the sofa. Ever since I fell off of it, I won’t jump down. I just sit there and wait for a peep to come get me down. It’s awful. I was getting over it, when the toenail thing happened.

Heck, I’m even a skeerdycat when it comes to ordinary stairs sometimes. Going down, not up. Mostly.

Do you think it’s because I’m getting older? What’s going to happen to me? Will I ever jump on and off of my little sofa? I should tell you that I have no trouble jumping up on my other sofa. The one from where the peeps and I watch TV at night. But I’m not jumping off of that one when it’s time to go to bed. A peep has to carry me.

Pathetic.

Will I ever get over these recent calamities?

One last, but very important, thing. Speaking of skeerdycats, I’d like to recognize our veterans today. Because it’s Veteran’s Day and Remembrance Day elsewhere. What would we do without our brave men and women? And canines? Thank you to each and every one of them.

I’ll be they go up and down stairs. Without giving it a second thought.

Check out Bing.com today. Pawsome.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Guess I’m Getting Old

aaww – Poor buddy. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Sounds like you’ve had some down days. You need me to send Houdini to you for a week or three to cheer you up? Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

2. that’s probably something what has to do with your “inner scottie”. I’m so sorry what happened to your toenail, that’s super painful, I know. I hope you feel better soon and there is always a peep on your side to carry you, Stuart.

3. Merlin & Pixie says:

Hi Stuart!

Pixie and I are so sorry to hear about your toenail and tumbles. We’ve had a tumble and we decided not to think about getting old. We have a few gray hairs but still puppies at heart.

We want to thank you for mentioning “Veterans” today. Our peep is a “Veteran” and we think he’s the best. A salute to all “Veterans”

Feel better Stuart! Here’s to jumping around soon!

Merlinūüźĺ & Pixie ūüźĺ

I just got through researching where I got my wonderful stairs for Whitley Westie. I sent you an email. I really love that unit.

5. I think you’re just a bit skeered because of recent injuries. You’ll get over it and be your brave self again soon, I know it!

6. Stuart, getting old stinks……I know since I’m one old spoiled cat. You’ve had your share of bad “jump” experiences so no wonder you’re not sure about getting UP and DOWN. Just be careful – that’s all we can do buddy. YAY for our Veterans – because of them, we live in this wonderful country where we are SAFE and SECURE.

Hugs, Sammy

7. From time to time we all face adversity. The key is to milk it for all the sympathy, green beans and special treats as possible. You’ll be feeling chipper again very soon but that does not mean you have to admit it.

8. Bonnie n Kenzie says:

I’ve had a few jumping up tumbles that rocked my confidence levels too. SHE helped me get over it with varying levels of surfaces and a handful of very yummy treats. I am still shy of the kitchen chairs. They have nice comfy cushions that slip around when you jump. If she wants me to share a cuppa with her, she takes the cushions off and I jump right up. It’s not that I couldn’t jump, but that I wouldn’t cuz I didn’t want to tumble backwards. It’s embarrassing and Kenzie would laugh at me.
    Bonnie

9. susieandsidebite says:

Stuart, its no big deal, that happens to the best….Bites fell off the peeps bed one night next to mom, now he will only sleep next to dad, and he does not jump up on the bed, gotta have Dad help, its funny he spreads his front legs out to the side. Dad tells him its time to do his airplane move!

Susie

First, we salute the veterans today! Thanks for our freedoms and for safely guarding our country. Now, Stuart we have these stairs that SHE bought at Shopko, we think. They are the best thing since green beans. We go up and down ’em all the time. Even Elsa, who has long legs that can jump high used the stairs. They are plastic and fold up under the bed if you want to hide them. They are available all over. You be careful out there. No more mishaps.

11. fozziemum says:

Oh Stu…well been Awol a bit here myself and have missed your ‘tumble’ incident..Doc has had the same problem…he has trouble with his pool..see he wants in and sort of gets in but has hurt himself getting out before..all terrier are so persistent though..he had a knee reco so we have to be careful with this,,,an he is O.L.D.. well 12 anyways..so this summer we are building a little decking for the pool with a ramp..we will put some non slip playground fabric on it for extra safety..he does struggle with the stairs sometimes so we will put a ramp in for him too..it’s all about dealing with aging…much like us peeps..so don’t be embarrassed be proud that you are STILL here ..much better to be an aging pooch than not around at all..and that is truly something to be happy about ūüôā and yes it was rememberance day yesterday here and everyday we thank our brave vets for what hey sacrificed..every time I can get on social media and chat freely I thank them..chin up sweet guy you are doing A.Ok loves Fozziemum xx

12. Well Stuart it isn’t just getting old. Anne is afraid to jump on and off of the bed ever since she got injured and she is only 3yrs. She won’t jump up on the couch if there is a throw on it for fear of falling. She doesn’t jump off of lots of things. I just think of it as more cautious since she has had an injury. I am sure you will get your Scottitude back and do as much as you can when you feel better.
    Luvs
    Marty’s Mom

13. vera ersilia says:

Hey Stuart, we peeps like to be of help. I carry around my 18 lb, 13 year old scaredy-cat feline who has arthritis. And I have arthritis too so it is not easy… I even feed him room-service-like when he is on the couch or bed and is afraid to come down even by the little stairs that I have given him.
    With all the love you get, you’ll be okay again as soon as your toe heals all the way. Your toe needs to be let alone and not forced, so please do not worry about the future ! I send you reassuring pats on top of your lovely head. And LV from two 13 yr.old felines too…. they used to be very happy with my Scotties when I still them. Bye, V.

14. You just need time to get your confidence back. ‚̧

15. Pingback: easyblog WORDY WEDNESDAY | Easy Blog

16. Sorry to hear of your problems – we’re sure when your nail has healed, you’ll be back to your bouncy ways.

17. Pingback: Watercolor Wednesday – A New One | The Scottie Chronicles

18. Misaki says:

Oh Stuart, sorry about your ouchie. hope you are back to your old self soon xx

Shelby had the nail thingy happen at the age of 3. Corky and Drew used to fall off of the bed all of the time. Just pick yourself up, wipe yourself off, and start all over again. That should be in a song.