Mini Trip Report – Burp!

GodspeedSee this? It’s the Godspeed. It’s one of the three vessels – along with the Susan Constant and the Discovery – that made it across the pond (the other way) to Jamestown a looooong time ago. Whew. Without those folks, I may not even be here.

Godspeed mastHere’s the mast. Cool.

oyster shellsYes. Oyster shells. And that can only mean one thing: The 57th Annual Urbanna Oyster Festival.

Yes. I was there. Complete with a bad toenail.

I’ll never let the peeps forget that day. A beautiful day, to be sure, but they dragged me along – with a bad toe – through the hundreds of pairs of not-paying-attention feet and gazillions of bits of food dropped on the ground.

Between you and me, I didn’t mind. Because I was a grrreat Hoover vacula on those streets. Why, I ate so many things off the street I don’t know where to begin.

And I lived, thankfully, to tell about it.

Let’s see…there were bits of oyster fritters, crab cake sandwiches, turkey legs, clam strips, french fries, hushpuppies, fried oysters, hunks of barbeque, popcorn……

This entry was posted in Scotties, Scottish Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Mini Trip Report – Burp!

1. I thought you planned to run the Jolly Roger up that main mast and claim it as a pirate’s prize!

That sounds like a balanced diet to me. It’s just that I hate the word “diet”.

3. You’s makin me hungry!

4. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

And not a green bean on that list!

The oysters look yummy.

6. susieandsidebite says:

Well the food may not have made you sick…..but it sounds like it’s the volume that could have done you in!

The Mad Scots

What a smorgasbordof Scottie delights!

8. Stuart it sounds like it was worth the sacrifice my friend ūüôā

9. It looked like a lot of fun Stuart! ūüėÄ

10. Dalton says:

I always find it’s like that if we go to the sea side – I am forever trying to eat a squashed chip!

11. My Mom and Dad have been there but not me…….I wouldn’t have minded hoovering up some of those nommy foods that people dropped though!

Hugs, Sammy

12. Stuart that was the best all you can eat pawty ever… wish I would be there… including my bad dew claw… :o)

Oh pal – that sounds like an awesome adventure into hooverland. I wish I could have been there with you – we would have had a walking buffet for sure! XOXO – Bacon