I’m Thankful for…

on the waterIt’s Thanksgiving. It’s a howliday that I really like. It’s not religious. It’s not commemorative. It’s not made up. It doesn’t come with any strings attached. There’s no obligation. It’s just a nice, peaceful day to consider all the things I’m thankful for.

What could be better than that?

I’m thankful that you guys are my friends.

I’m thankful for my peeps.

I’m thankful for my smart dogtor.

I’m thankful for my Godmother Carol.

I’m thankful that I’m Kyla’s boyfriend. (And I’m thankful that Sniglet understands.)

I’m thankful for the roof over my head, the green beans in my belly, the pats on my head, the butt scratches that I love, the belly rubs that I get, my snuggly bed and did I mention the food in my belly?

I’m thankful for the sunshine and the rain, for car rides and people who smile when they look at me.

I’m thankful for each and every day that I’m here on this little ‘ole planet.

I’m thankful for myself because I’m a Scottie and I can be thankful for that if I want to. Really. I can. The world revolves around moi. As I’ve said countless times.

Now. Let’s think about all of our anipals who don’t have anything to be thankful for. For those who only want to love and be loved, but there’s no one to love them. For those who are needy and in trouble. For those who don’t have homes.

That makes me sad. And I don’t want to be sad. (And I don’t do anything I don’t want to do – you can trust me on that one.)

So, I’m going to try and be a better friend to those anipals who don’t have what I’m fortunate to have.

I’m gonna help my homeless furiends find homes. I’m gonna give to anipal food banks.

I don’t have much of a piggybank, but every little bit helps.

Yeah, that’s what I’m going to do.

How’s about you?

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to I’m Thankful for…

1. sue ellen Lucy &Mac says:

That was beautiful Stuart….. we also are thankful pooches… being loved is what life is all about. We also share with the ‘pups’ in need….. wish we were able to find ‘parents’ for the orphaned pups & kitties that have so much love to share.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and adventures with us. We all enjoy you being part of our ‘lives’ too. Our grammy on the west coast calls us and we talk about what ‘Stuart’ is doing !!! So, see….you are in our daily lives !!!
    Stay well…be happy… and give your peeps a scotty ‘kiss’ for us !!!
    ♫ArOoO~~~~ L&M

2. Dalton says:

Happy Thanksgiving pal. I am thankful I can call you my friend!

3. I will join you, Stuart, it’s great to help those who have nothing, not even a home. And if we all stay together when can help a lot, that’s for sure. Have a happy Thanksgiving and the biggest turkey of all states!

4. Ranger says:

Happy Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooo Thanksgiving Stuart. I am thankful da you are my bday buddy and friend.
    Wags,
    Ranger

5. noodledog says:

I am Thankful that you are my friend. And for everything else you said.

Noodledog

6. Duncan says:

Nicely said, Stuart! We are going to the shelter with some treats for our buddies there tomorrow!! We’re thankful to you for being one of the first dog blogs we ever read:)

Stu, you really should make friends with a couple who lives only a few miles away from me. They even have a blog http://ranchrunamuck.wordpress.com/. This couple takes in as many dogs who need homes as they can-the count right now is 14. That’s fourteen souls who are very thankful. My peeps feel like pikers with only three.

8. Daisy says:

Happy TG from one Scottie to another! This is such a beautiful post. I’m going to look into helping out more anipals, too!!
    oxox
    Daisy

9. Thanks for a wonderful, thoughtful post, Stuart. We hope you have a beautiful, loved filled Thanksgiving!

Waggies,
    Braeden, Seth and Riley

10. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

Good thinkin’ Stuart. We have so much to be thankful for, we should share our good fortune with other anipals.

Hope you got a bit of turkey with those green beans…

11. Happy Thanksgiving Stuart!

12. Gwyneth says:

Well said, Stuart. And we especially give thanks for good friends like you!

Love,
    Gwyn

13. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your peeps, Stuart!

Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

14. Happy thanksgiving Stuart – e hope you had a great day

Yo are so right to give back to those that are less fortunate. We salute those who can and do just that! God bless us all and thanks for giving us Stuart to keep us in line.

16. A lovely post and it has motivated me to take some food bags to our lost dogs home. Jack came from there and he is one of the best dogs EVER! 😀

17. Happy Thanksgiving Stuart! We are thankful too! Mom makes sure to donate as much as she can to the rescues here and join in where she can to help with our blogging friends 🙂
    Luv Ya!
    Marty

18. Riley Puppy says:

I’m thankful for you Stu! You are such a great Pal! You are so right about thinking of all of our less fortunate anipals! You are very motivating, Stu!!
    We are truly blessed to have our peeps, and Mum and Dad said they are thankful for me and my Westie/Cairn Sissy! Aren’t we all so Blessed? Thank you, God!
    XOXOXO,
    Riley Puppy

19. Happy Thanksgiving Stu. We may not get to celebrate Thanksgiving butt we are grateful for all our blessings and friends!
    Wally & Sammy

We are thankful to all of our Scottie friends.You were the first one that we followed.

21. ScottieMom says:

What wonderful sentiments, Stuart! We’re thankful to have met you through Blogville and though we don’t get to come around as often anymore because of the new job, know that you are always on our minds. We support your decision to help out anipals in need. It is our goal to do the same! Much love, The Scottie Mom.