Don’t Forget to Be Good

DSCN3681

The Fat Man is on his way. So don’t forget to be good. Real good. Really good. Whatever.

Don’t hurt the kitteh when you’re chasing her just because you can.

And don’t snap your peeps’ hands off when they’re nice enough to give you a treat. Or two. Or, dawG forbid, three.

And always come when you’re called. Don’t do the Scottie thing by waiting until the third call to make up your mind to mosey on over. Nope. Don’t do that.

And, by all means, be extra cute and cuddly. Even needy. Yeah, needy works, too.

See, there are only a few weeks left for you to show everyone that you’re darned glad and lucky to have such a nice forever home.

You could be out on your butt at any moment if you don’t watch out. ‘Cause for all the lucky pooches, like us, who have nice homes and love, there are a gazillion more who’d like to move right in.

Let’s all wish them a forever home, shall we? Yeah, that’d be a really good thing to do.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Don’t Forget to Be Good

Is this for publication? OK, I’ve been very, very good. All 3 of us agree with the homes for the homeless-all of us were in that position once.

We’ve been about 90% good. Does that count as good enough? That old biting the hand that feeds you is what we are not so good at. You see we just get sooo excited about the treat thingies we tend to bite and then think. Sorry Peeps! Helping the homeless is a perfect gift. We give to the local shelter whenever we can. It is sad that there still has to be those places.

3. Braeden and Seth says:

If we have to show up by the third call we’re not gonna make the nice list. Uh-oh!

Waggies,
    Braeden, Seth and Riley

4. Ranger says:

I love, love love your tree!
    Wags,
    Ranger

5. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

We’re really tryin’ to be good–but it’s hard.

You must be hiding in our house and watching Sophie misbehave constantly.

7. Ya mean you scotties actually come on the third call? BOL, westies don’t even then.

8. susieandsidebite says:

WHAT…you go on the third call….noway, its’ gotta be like six or seven and real loud….kinda like you didn’t hear.
    Yes we are thinking of all the guys with out a furever home, our wish list is for them to find one!

The Triple Mad Scots

9. A good starting point is not to call your benefactor The Fat Man. Those of us with, uh, weight issues can confirm that title will not maximize your number of gifts. Oh, and don’t call Mrs. Santa Claus, the Crazy Reindeer Lady either. Jus sayin.

10. Riley Puppy says:

Oh dear, I got into a brawl with my neighbor’ Vizsla,(sp?), Cali, who is really a good sport, but I must confess, I stole her ball and would not give it back, cuz it says in the Scottie rule book that once I gets it–it’s mine, isn’t dat so, Stu? Well, I went “rabid-pawssessive” on Cali when she tried to get near her ball to get it back from me, and our peeps had to split us up, cuz she got all uppity with me, and then I kept growling at her under my breath after da peeps split us up, and Mom took me home!. Mom said it was not very nice of me to be so pawssessive. She told me she hoped Santa wasn’t watching. Whatsa matter with everydoggy, don’t they know ’bout the Scottie rule book? Isn’t dat their fault for being ignorant? Shucks, what’s a Scotsman to do? Now I ask you……
    Still Sulking,
    Riley Puppy

11. roweeee says:

Bilbo has a confession and is about to go into therapy. You see, he goes ballistic every time the parcel postman drops something off. I probably should explain to him that Santa doesn’t always wear a red suit and thanks to eBay, presents come in all sorts of packaging. Perhaps, it’s time to teach him a little mindfulness and deep breathing techniques. If that fails, I might have to contact the TV vet and see if he’ll make a house call. xx Rowena

12. What a lovely tree and good advice!

aaaww dude – great advice. There’s always so many things to make sure we stay on the good side of Santa Paws. He’s everywhere! XOXO – Bacon

14. Great advice Stuart. In this house, the advice needs to go to the kitties about not chasing the Puffs BOL! Anne needs to learn about not eating Mom’s hand. I on the other hand have been a very good Girl and deserve a whole bag of those little chew bones if Santa is listening.
    Luv ya!
    Mazie
    Pee Ess
    We all love this great pic of you and that neat tree!

15. I try to be good. There’s just so many other options!