Sweet Potato Surprise!

Imagine my surprise when I returned home from Our howliday beach trip and found gifts from my gift exchange buddy, Taffy, and my sweet Kali, Kaci, Kismet and the spirits of Kenzie and Kyla.

Today, I’ll share my sweet potato surprise and tomorrow, I’ll show you Taffy’s surprise. Oh boy!

Kyla’s spirit lives on and always will. Thank you Kali, Kaci, Kismet and peeps. Your gift means so much to me and the peeps.

Look:

DSCN4243

Now, I’ve got to figure out how to make these things. I also have to figure out why my little movie shows sideways, when the director peep actually shot it correctly (go figure!).

• I was away on my annual howliday beach trip.
  • I came home to a sweet potato surprise!
  • YUM!
  • All the way from ArOOOOOzona.
  • Thank you my sweet anipals (and peeps – ’cause I know they had to wrap the package and send it on its way).
  • Saturday’s “Where in the World?” answer: Jockey’s Ridge state park in Nags Head, North Carolina. BTW, the Saturday before that, I was also in Nags Head (from last year’s howliday trip). Good guesses all. Thanks for playing along.

The Scottie Chronicles began in 2009 as a voice for Stuart, a more than memorable black, brindle and white Scottish Terrier who captured hearts around the world. He passed suddenly in December 2015 from cardiac hemangiosarcoma, a nasty canine cancer that took him far too early. He would have been 11 years old in March 2017. The Scottie Chronicles is dedicated to Stuart and the joy he shared with everyone who met him or saw him from afar. If you love Scotties, please follow along. Arroooo!
This entry was posted in Scottish Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Sweet Potato Surprise!

1. Two French Bulldogs says:

Oh how we love sweet potatoes
    Lily & Edward

ooohhh squeals. I love me some sweet potatoes as well. They look delicious Stuart!! XOXO – Bacon

3. Gwyneth says:

That reminds me….my peep hasn’t made these for me in ever so long! Thanks for sharing (virtually), Stuart !

Gwyn

4. sue ellen says:

‘sounded’ crunchie and yummy… you have terrific friends Mr. Stuart !!!!

5. I bet they are fantabulous! And every piece is a sweet memory :o)

Kaci and Kali love them. Kyla loved them. I wouldn’t know because I never get any. I’ve seen them making them. All you need are the potatoes, a peeler, a mandolin, and a dehydrator. Peel them, slice them thin and dehydrate them until crisp-don’t take them out too early.

7. Tobias,Cherry, Shadow says:

Hey Stuart – those Sweet potato thingys that Kyla and group sent you look really good! We, too like Sweet potatoes, so if your Peep gets the ‘receipt’ for them, make sure you have her pass it on so we can all share!. Glad you had a great Howliday! We did too – lots of friends and family and goodies too….Our best always – Tobias, Cherry & Shadow

Sidney and Shelby love winter squash. I bet they would love this too. Sophie hasn’t tried it yet.

We, too, love sweet potatoes. Sometimes more than green beans. Your Arooozona friends are kind to send you some. Enjoy!

You’re a lucky Scottie, Stuart, treats from good friends can’t be beat! We enjoyed the video and we were able to see you up close and personal and hear you chewing! Good job!

11. Taffy says:

Oh! Those look and sound terrific!

12. Those sweet potato chips look tasty!

13. My critters think they look super interesting! Thank you anonymous for the recipe. 😀