Time for a Little Story

sweetheart framesWith Valentine’s Day just last Saturday, I thought I’d carry the theme into this week with this little story.

Don’t you like these little photos of moi? See, the peeps carry me close to Their hearts when the three of Us are separated. Like taking these little pictures along with Them so They won’t forget me. Ah me. How could They forget me?

I digress. Sorry. I do that a lot. So, I missed last Saturday’s Where in the World? because I was staying with Sniglet during the thundersnow while the peeps were away celebrating Their wedding anniversary. Can you believe They got married on Valentine’s Day? Geesh. How sappy is that?

I’m digressing. Again. Yikes.

Pull up a chair and pour your favorite beverage ’cause here’s the story:

The peeps exchanged gifts on Valentine’s Day. To celebrate Their big day years and years and years and years ago. Gee, in dog years, that’d be…..let’s see…… naw, forget it. It’s too much to figure out, but you get the idea.

They were filled with joy as the evening unfolded. Snow blowing all around…champagne….good food…..beautiful, thoughtful gifts….the only thing better than that would have been if I’d been there with Them. (They were in Annapolis, Maryland, by the way. During the BITTER wind.)

Anyroo, They got all bundled up and headed out to brave the elements as They set off to walk to dinner. Yes. I. Said. Walk. With the windchill factor somewhere in the depths of the polar ice cap, which is melting, but that’s another story.

By the time They arrived at the restaurant, Their faces had nearly frozen off. As She pulled Her glove close, She noticed the anniversary gift had slipped off. No more special bracelet. Gone. Somewhere in the blowing snow along the way.

The next morning, She rose early to re-trace Their steps before all the snow plows, salt spreaders and snow shovels came out for the Sunday church crowds.

Nothing. Gone.  She only made it halfway to the restaurant and declared the tragedy a forever loss. No way would the bracelet ever be found.

Later, before lunch, They both retraced the entire walk.

When this happened:

“There it is,” He said.

“Whaaaaaa?????????,” She wailed.

Right there. On the sidewalk. On top of the snow that hadn’t been cleared. Across the street from the restaurant from the night before.

Now, it’s as snug as a bug here at home. Where yours truly guards it.

I just don’t believe it. But, if the peeps say it’s so, then it must be true.

Have you ever had something so unbelievable, like that, happen to you?

Someone was watching over my peeps. And I’m so glad. Because I wasn’t there to help. Thank you, whoever you are.

This entry was posted in Scottish Terriers, Terriers, The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Time for a Little Story

1. Bella, Roxy & Macdui says:

That was REALLY lucky! So happy she got it back. (Of course, if you’d been there, it would have been found more quickly.)

Oh my goodness, what unbelievably good luck! Heaven’s angels took care of what almost was a tragedy and gave the Peeps a magical surprise! I am so happy there is a wonderful ending to this story. It’s quite obvious, Stuart, your Peeps possess much love and luck – which includes YOU!

3. What a lovely story!!!

It was a nice story and we don’t know how they could ever forget you.

5. Taffy says:

Hey Stuart! That story is amazing! I can see why you would be skeptical. BUT mu mom had something similar happen to her When she lost the diamond out of her wedding ring. Miracles do happen :0)

No, never happened here. When we lose something, we lose it. Even if someone drops something in the bedroom, it finds its way down the A/C vent (and those are on the ceiling). I’m glad that your likeness is safe and you are also. Happy anniversary to your peeps, but it’s not as big a deal as YOUR birthday.

• Kaci says:

I kow why Kismet says that. In a former life (like the nineties) and in a galaxy far, far away (like the San Francisco Bay Are), He and a friend decided to make Chinese dinner in the manner of their preferred region Hunan. The province of Hunan likes food very spicy-more so than Sehzwan and they liked it hotter than that. The first 30 seconds of the food on the wok brought the human inhabitants in to wonder what happened. It was like a nuclear bomb. They had habañero peppers and Thai peppers in the dish (and were considering adding sonething else). They loved it but unfortuntely one of the peppers felll into the heating/air-conditioning grate. That Westie mix loved hot stuff so much that it took him a year of trying to get to it that he finally decided that it was stale. We Westues go with the flow.

Beautiful!

8. OMD, that is an amazin’ story!!! The LOVE GODS were lookin’ after your peeps that night!! Butts, I agree, if you had been with them, you not only would have noticed that it fell off in the furst place, butts it would have taken you like 87 seconds to find it!
    Then again, you would have been too smart to be out in the Polar Express to begin with! BOL
    Stay warm and toasty, and don’t let that bracelet outta your sight!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

9. Wow, she wuz lucky. When my momma loses things, she loses em. Or I eats em. Same difference.

10. What a wonderful story! Miracles do happen ^_^

It was destined to be. We have never been so lucky. Lee had a gold hoop drop from her ear once and we realized it once she got out of the crosswalk only to see a truck flatten the hoop. Yep that is our luck.
    Thanks for being a friend

12. Edgar says:

love is in the air…doo-be-doo-be-doo-be-doooo! Happy Anniversary to your peeps!

Edgar and his mum

13. Oh my…my Ma would have been in tears had she lost a precious gift like that. Your Scottie Mom was very lucky to have found it…maybe even shed some tears of JOY! I know you will guard it well.
    Oz

14. I am an old softie Stuart because my eyes welled up. It was a Saint Valentines day miracle. Also a good valentines day story. ❤