Shameless Peep Promotion

You know I sleep under the peep’s desk in the afternoons, right? Right. Like this: I love this bed, by the way.

thinking

And this:

Zzzz. zzzZZZ. ZZZ. z.

Zzzz. zzzZZZ. ZZZ. z.

When I’m under Her desk, I hear a lot of stuff. Like typing and phone calls. Stuff like that. When I heard Her talking about looking for new freelance work, I thought, “what the hey? I can help with that.”

And you know how helpful I am.

So, here goes. My interview with the peep.

What type of freelance work are you looking for peep? Well, Stuart, you’re awfully kind to ask, but I don’t think your pals really care about that, they care about you. That’s why they visit The Scottie Chronicles.

Don’t argue with me please. You know I always get what I want. And right now, I want to interview you and help you reach out to a world of potential clients.  I hate that phrase, “reach out” – don’t you? It’s so trite.

Let’s stay on topic, shall we? OK. Thanks for caring my precious boy. As a writer, I’m always on the hunt for new stories to tell.

What kind of stories? You’re not being very helpful, here. Don’t you know how to network? Where’s your elevator speech? I’m giving you a plethora of potential business referrals here and you’re mucking it up. WOW. You’re really serious about this. You’ve got that Scottie Focus mojo going on here don’t you?

Yes. And don’t you forget it. I get what I want. Always. Continue please. Who would hire you for an assignment? What type of work could you do for them? Yes sir. Here goes. As a non-fiction commercial freelance writer for hire, I write feature articles, website and social media content to support marketing and public relations campaigns, fundraising materials such as donor profiles and direct mail solicitations…things like that. My current clients include colleges and universities, nonprofit foundations and businesses. I’d like to branch into traditional and digital news media.

Now we’re getting somewhere. Do you have references and samples? Yes, I’ve got great references and lots of samples of my published work.

What about a website? Or a LinkedIn profile? Oh yes! I’ve got those marketing tools, but I must admit, my website needs updating. Can you help me with that Stuart?

I’m doing the best I can here, peep. Don’t look a gift dog in the mouth. Got it. Sorry. And Stuart, thanks for your help. You’re the best. Hey! Why don’t we write a book together????

Maybe.

There you have it folks. Shameless peep promotion. Email me at StuartTheScottie@hotmail.com if you want contact information for my peepstress. Next time, I’ll tell you about other peep. The artist. And graphic designer.

That took a lot outta me. It takes a village doesn’t it? Grrrrrr.

Thanks for reading. I gotta keep myself in green beans and this is the best way I know how.

Back to snooze land pour moi.

Time for a snooze. In bed.

This entry was posted in The Scottie Chronicles and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Shameless Peep Promotion

1. Oh yes, write a book together! That would be great… I would buy it :o)

We’re not in the market for these services, unfortunately. The peeps could use some help in tying their shoes. It’s very tough for us to do it for them, wings and paws weren’t made for that.

3. Tobias,Cherry, Shadow says:

Hi Stuart – Such a wonderful dog you are to help your Peep in all ways!! We look forward to seeing how many new ‘customers/clients’ she gains from your wonderful interview…
    If we hear of anyone we will be sure to let you both know – right now we do not do those kinds of work so will have to wait…Our best to you both – Tobias, Cherry & Shadow

No work here for your peep ~ Lee says she always gets hit up to do free graphic work and campaigns for fundraisers. Those Little Black Dress Parties want to raise money not spend it hiring professionals.

5. Oreo says:

Oh I love to sleep under the desk too!! Its a prefect spot

wags
    Oreo

6. Great idea Stuart! Gotta get the word out there! 😀

You are so sweet to do this! Our Peeps work in other fields but we put the word to them to let us know if they hear of something. You should write a book – you have many stories to tell in a most delightful way. Scottitude iseverything!

We wish that we could be of help. Mom has a full time job taking Sophie out to the potty and trying to keep her from killing herself by eating everything imaginable.

9. sue ellen says:

Stuart dear… ‘Shameless Interview’…we think not ! We have always been firm believers that one should not hide their creative light under an umbrella ~~~ We hope the person in the ‘right’ place will share this interview for your peep.
    ‘RoOo…L&M

10. Fozziemum says:

Good for you Stu! I think that word of mouth works well and you never know who is out there reading this interview..i am hoping mum finds some great new leads or contacts and believe me if you have it flaunt it!! loves Fozziemum xx

We will keep our fingers crossed that something turns up for your Peep, and we’re sure it will. In the meantime, Stuart, you and your Peep should definitely collaborate on a book together, like maybe… “Travels With Stuart, The Sassy Scottie”. Bet it would be a best seller!

McDuff & Mom b

12. We had no idea your peep was a professional writer and you say that the other is an artist / graphic designer…well, it all makes sense now! The pawsome blog, the pawsome pictures. We hope your mom gets lots of enquiries – you’re a good Scottie to be helping her out like this Stu.
    Wally & Sammy